Drivin' the Bus

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So, whenever I have to drive this truck (1400) I always say I'm driving the bus because it's so damn big...Today I saw a full sized school bus in a parking lot and pulled up next to it. Sure enough it's only about 2 feet shorter than a full length school bus.

bus.jpg
bus.jpg

So, whenever I have to drive this truck (1400) I always say I'm driving the bus because it's so damn big...Today I saw a full sized school bus in a parking lot and pulled up next to it. Sure enough it's only about 2 feet shorter than a full length school bus.

View attachment 9198
Just be glad it wasn't a school bus! you would be driving something LARGER than you have now. and would be making a whole lot less!!!!!!!!!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I would say that's a solid 3-4 ft. Your photo isn't square on so its a deceiving picture.

Yeah, there was a car to the left of where I was standing so I couldn't get square to it, but when I walked up next to it, it was ballpark 2 feet difference including the rear bumper frame of my truck.

Nimnim

The Nim

View attachment 9198

Actually given the angle of the picture you're giving the PC a greater coverage towards the rear so the actual size of the PC to bus is less. From my memories riding a school bus the width of a window is greater than 1 foot and it seems the standard width required by safety standards is 22 inches. So seeing a full window, plus the back and part of a second window, we can easily conclude it's greater than 2 feet.

Heck holding my ruler up to the monitor and measuring the window and the visible area around it I'd say there's about 42 inches visible meaning 3.5 feet. Combine that with the angle and the back of your PC is most likely 4 feet or more ahead of the rear of the bus.

Here's where some fun comes in though, It appears the front doors of the PC are aligned with the entrance to the bus, and I have a hard time finding buses these days that aren't flat on the front unlike the PC. So with rough measurements with a ruler on the monitor and considering the angle of the shot If this is a flat fronted bus the size of the PC vs the size of the bus is indeed within a couple feet.

Just for fun I went a little further and tried to measure the shadows on the ground, and it appears to hold up to be around/under 2 feet as well.

I decide to do strange things sometimes when I should be getting sleep. . .
154218d4.gif

Last edited:
Actually given the angle of the picture you're giving the PC a greater coverage towards the rear so the actual size of the PC to bus is less. From my memories riding a school bus the width of a window is greater than 1 foot and it seems the standard width required by safety standards is 22 inches. So seeing a full window, plus the back and part of a second window, we can easily conclude it's greater than 2 feet.

Heck holding my ruler up to the monitor and measuring the window and the visible area around it I'd say there's about 42 inches visible meaning 3.5 feet. Combine that with the angle and the back of your PC is most likely 4 feet or more ahead of the rear of the bus.

Here's where some fun comes in though, It appears the front doors of the PC are aligned with the entrance to the bus, and I have a hard time finding buses these days that aren't flat on the front unlike the PC. So with rough measurements with a ruler on the monitor and considering the angle of the shot If this is a flat fronted bus the size of the PC vs the size of the bus is indeed within a couple feet.

Just for fun I went a little further and tried to measure the shadows on the ground, and it appears to hold up to be around/under 2 feet as well.

I decide to do strange things sometimes when I should be getting sleep. . .
154218d4.gif

How many toothpicks are left in the box?

S

serenity now

next time, take a car salesman with you to stand off to the side and align both front bumpers (they are experts),
then take the picture