Driving for 40+ years?

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I asked a driver today how long he's been driving & he said 33 years. I told him if he was retiring soon but turns out he has a 7 year old & expects to drive for at least one more decade because of the healthcare.

He looks old & I don't think his body can make it another decade. Sucks to be him, staying for the healthcare of a 7 year old. If I were him, I'd retire & enjoy the time with my son & make sure he stays healthy.

Does anyone now of anybody that has survived 40+ years driving?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What do you mean by "I don't think his body can make it....."? Dude, the job is easy, why do you think that many women can do it, even better than their male counterpart ft drivers? But if he was working inside as an unloader or loader, oh lordy lordy, he would be demolished. Why do you think that when drivers are laid off they don't have the audacity to bump an inside loader or unloader? Because the physical demands for pt inside jobs overshadowed the weakness of driving ft. Why do people get so fat by driving? Because its easy. Do you see any loader or unloader getting fatter? No. The only benefit drivers deserve is a gym benefit - to cut some of that fat off. Drivers shouldn't be paid more than $20 when you got skilled workers such as mechanics, engineers and construction workers who are far more skilled than them and work 20x more harder than them and are only getting $13 and $18 an hour. It isn't fair. That's why I support Hoffa.

Indecisi0n

I think some feel UPS is all they have at that point in their lives. I am counting down the year/month/weeks/days/hours/mins/seconds/nano-second until I can retire. Sorry I am smart with my money so no need for me to stick around.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think some feel UPS is all they have at that point in their lives. I am counting down the year/month/weeks/days/hours/mins/seconds/nano-second until I can retire. Sorry I am smart with my money so no need for me to stick around.

Why not stay around? The job is so easy, its like collecting free money. I just see the car washer drivers sitting around all day doing nothing while collecting big money. Hey, I could do that. But seniority seniority says I can't, bummer!

Indecisi0n

Why not stay around? The job is so easy, its like collecting free money. I just see the car washer drivers sitting around all day doing nothing while collecting big money. Hey, I could do that. But seniority seniority says I can't, bummer!

Why sit in a package car and get paid when I can sit on the beach and enjoy my life?

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What do you mean by "I don't think his body can make it....."? Dude, the job is easy, why do you think that many women can do it, even better than their male counterpart ft drivers? But if he was working inside as an unloader or loader, oh lordy lordy, he would be demolished. Why do you think that when drivers are laid off they don't have the audacity to bump an inside loader or unloader? Because the physical demands for pt inside jobs overshadowed the weakness of driving ft. Why do people get so fat by driving? Because its easy. Do you see any loader or unloader getting fatter? No. The only benefit drivers deserve is a gym benefit - to cut some of that fat off. Drivers shouldn't be paid more than $20 when you got skilled workers such as mechanics, engineers and construction workers who are far more skilled than them and work 20x more harder than them and are only getting $13 and $18 an hour. It isn't fair. That's why I support Hoffa.

Troll Go AWAY,
driver job may seem easy, but it is very stressful & mind ******ing at times. while having to keep a positive image & smile for our customers. You have no idea what you are taking about.

PT Car Washer

Just had a PC driver with 42 years in retire. Close to 65 years old I think. He looks like he could do another 5 years if he had to. And whats this about Car Washers sitting around all day? The boss took all our chairs away years ago.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just had a PC driver with 42 years in retire. Close to 65 years old I think. He looks like he could do another 5 years if he had to. And whats this about Car Washers sitting around all day? The boss took all our chairs away years ago.

Lies lies lies. They dissembled all the seat in the package cars you telling me? Stop lying. And let me guess, its hard ain't it?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Someone is racking up the troll points today. Too funny.

As to OP, the key is to get a high mileage route, lower stops, less pickups.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Troll Go AWAY,
driver job may seem easy, but it is very stressful & mind ******ing at times. while having to keep a positive image & smile for our customers. You have no idea what you are taking about.

This cracks me up. It's like smegal talking to himself on lord of the rings. Lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
you don't know shiet !!! is the only response I can think of that's suites this post !!!

The Milkman

:dissapointed:
I asked a driver today how long he's been driving & he said 33 years. I told him if he was retiring soon but turns out he has a 7 year old & expects to drive for at least one more decade because of the healthcare.

He looks old & I don't think his body can make it another decade. Sucks to be him, staying for the healthcare of a 7 year old. If I were him, I'd retire & enjoy the time with my son & make sure he stays healthy.

Does anyone now of anybody that has survived 40+ years driving?

Why would anybody want to work longer than he/she has to is beyond me...The advantage to retiring as soon as eligible is you can still get your retirement benefits and if you want you can get another less stressful/ physical job elsewhere if you NEED to keep working.....A good freind of mine in Local 177 who was planning on retiring the end of August, I believe he was waiting for his birthday, was working inside off the road filling in for one of the clerks..Got done, went home and was power washing his house in the morning. His wife found him dead in the yard, possible heart attack..Never had the chance to retire......So why put off retiring?? You may never get the chance to...............:dissapointed:

oldngray

nowhere special
Get out as soon as you can. After you have option to retire you are basically working for half pay (more or less) so you need to ask yourself whether you want to enjoy life while you are still able to do things or work until you die.