Driving in Chicago / Milwaukee

Katie7766

Are there any drivers out there in Chicago / Milwaukee? If so, how long did you have to wait at your center until you got your own route?

Pooter

I'm waiting on jimmy over on 3rd street to retire but he keeps changing his mind. >:(

I don't think the 30 drivers ahead of me are going to bid on the route so I'd say, 3 months to get jimmy's route.

3 yrs driving. No route yet so I don't count :(

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Are there any drivers out there in Chicago / Milwaukee? If so, how long did you have to wait at your center until you got your own route?
Q I'm a cover driver. How do I get my own route and how long does it take?
A Every center has different bidding practices. Some bid every year, some every other and some centers bid for life. Ask someone local how your center operates. As for how long it takes to get your own route, it's the same deal as how long does it take to start driving. It varies and depends on a lot of factors like who retires, goes to feeders or goes inside to a 22.2 or 22.3 job.

What exactly do you mean by in Chicago/Milwaukee? Do you mean within the city limits, or the greater metropolitan area.

Katie7766

What are you talking about? I only asked this question once. Obviously I know what the wait time is for my own route in California. Obviously I have no idea how long the wait is in Chicago or Milwaukee which is why I'm asking here. Every location and center is different.
I was referring to city limits and the greater metropolitan area.