Driving record

TxRoadDawg

Hello everyone. A friend of my uncle's works as an HR manager for UPS in my area. He told me, back in June, that he would be able to get me a position with the company when I was able to start, and I just began contacting him about this. Yesterday I was informed he would be able to give me a job on a truck right off the bat (I was skeptical but this is what he told my uncle). About three hours later, I got in my first car accident. It was a minor fender-bender, but I fear this might ruin my chances with the company for a while.

I'm usually a good driver and the only other mark on my driving record is a speeding ticket from January 2011. Would any of you guys know what this means for my chances of getting the position?

Somehow I'm sensing helper and not driver LOL

Justaname

Thanks for the hate guys. Maybe I don't want a job if half the employees are this cool in person.
You're talking about coming off the street and jumping ahead of guys who have dedicated years to get a drivers position. Guys who have put their time in working a second job so they could some day get that job. You've stated you've had an accident and a ticket within a year. If you get the job as a driver and it's not just seasonal then you should expect some hate, just being honest.