Driving School pointers

duss

Getting ready to head to driving school... any pointers. Anyone recently go to driving school that can tell me what all you have to know word for word. Do you have to know the entire 10 point commentary word for word commas periods included? any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

DS

Fenderbender
Just do what they tell you to do.Word for word.Don't get cocky.
Don't drive too fast don't drive too slow.Stop on the line.
Move your head around like a bobble head as you look 2 miles ahead.
DON'T FLICKEN hit(even touch)anything.
​You'll be fine.

Box Ox

All sections of the 5 seeing habits word for word. Everything on the sheet. The phrases in bold for the 10 point commentary and ability to incorporate them into an explanation of each.

Box Ox

Oh, and the test itself: My class instructor gave each of us a sheet of blank copy paper. Wrote the 5 habits on one side, 10 point commentary on the other. Had to spend lots of time memorizing them so they're pretty burned in now. Which is probably the point.

duss

Thank you for the info. I was told by someone that you had to memorize word for word (10 point commentary) the bold and the commentary below word for word. Glad to know you can provide an explanation instead of verbatim. Did any of you guys go this year? Was just curious if it has changed any since you attended.

A

anonymous6

just listen to the trainer and don't be shy about asking questions if you don't understand something.

BUCN85

I am currently in driving school. But Not to beat a dead horse but yea memorize the bold words of 10 pt word for word. Then explain the rest in your own words. 5 seeing habbits verbatim. And know all the rest of the backing. 8 keys etc. you get to take the test each day till you pass. I was done with it on my 2nd day. Class really isn't bad. Don't stress it

duss

Thanks for the info. I just got a email from the trainer saying to study the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary word for word no exceptions. I may have some trouble with the 10 point if I have to write it word for word. We will see.

Thanks for the info. I just got a email from the trainer saying to study the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary word for word no exceptions. I may have some trouble with the 10 point if I have to write it word for word. We will see.

Learn it one sentence at a time...dont try to get it all in one day....Stopped in traffic, leave one car length.parking brake....etc etc...good luck.its alot of crap to learn.just try not to let it overwhelm you!...Good luck!

BrownChoice

Just memorize them, and once you pass school , refresh memory every month or whatever so you never forget them. Your 30 days when you go full time will benefit you if you dont have to re-memorize anything .

air1ups

Ten point is easy to remember if you use association 1. One car length when stopped at an intersection or light
2. Left right left before entering the intersection @ for two "L"
3. after being stopped at a light count three seconds before you start moving after the vehicle in front of you moves starting
4. starts with "friend"... Following distance 4-6 under 30 mph and 6-8 above 30.

5. check rearview mirrors every "5"-8
6. glance over your before moving from a parked position or into traffic stream, think of the hook
of the 6 as your head glance and the o of the six as your eye looking
7. Seven starts with "s" Scan vechicles parked along a streets for vehicle lights, exhaust, heads
sitting at the wheels which could at anytime open a door or pull into traffic

8. communication with others using your lights, horn, signals ....if you lay the 8 down oo think of
it as eye glasses .make them see you.
9. Stale green light, pick your point of no return.................. have nothing to associate this one
with, sorry
10. Eye lead time, you should always be looking "10" seconds ahead if possible

Good luck it's a piece of cake

BUCN85

Ten point is easy to remember if you use association 1. One car length when stopped at an intersection or light
2. Left right left before entering the intersection @ for two "L"
3. after being stopped at a light count three seconds before you start moving after the vehicle in front of you moves starting
4. starts with "friend"... Following distance 4-6 under 30 mph and 6-8 above 30.

5. check rearview mirrors every "5"-8
6. glance over your before moving from a parked position or into traffic stream, think of the hook
of the 6 as your head glance and the o of the six as your eye looking
7. Seven starts with "s" Scan vechicles parked along a streets for vehicle lights, exhaust, heads
sitting at the wheels which could at anytime open a door or pull into traffic

8. communication with others using your lights, horn, signals ....if you lay the 8 down oo think of
it as eye glasses .make them see you.
9. Stale green light, pick your point of no return.................. have nothing to associate this one
with, sorry
10. Eye lead time, you should always be looking "10" seconds ahead if possible

Good luck it's a piece of cake

This actually isn't right. For one it's not word for word for the bold. 10 isn't right for eye lead time. It's 8-12

Here's a good way to remember. This won't be exact. But abbreviated. Use the study sheet for more help
1.one car length
2. 2 lefts
3. Count 123
4. 4-6 second follow time
5. Use of mirrors
6. Scan steering wheels( remember S)
7. Stale green lights ( S again)
8. 8-12 second eye lead
9. Look of left shoulder( when u do this in your truck ur body looks like a 9. It actually doesn't at all but it's so ridiculous u won't forget it)
10. Eye contact. 0 looks like an eye
Again. Only abbreviated here. Make use to use study guides for exact