Driving Test

DjsmoothB

Driving test in the morning at 10:30am in ft worth Texas... any good tips ? I only drove manual once and practice for 3 days this week. What to look for ? What to do and what not to do ? Please no silly answers I need to real advice

Turdferguson

Just a turd
driving test.JPG
dj smooth.gif

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I forget how many points one mark on the sheet is. Basically you’re only allowed so many points, like stalling out would be a mark on you, no Signals, grinding gears....too many points you don’t pass.

Basically drive properly, follow traffic laws to a T and you should be fine. They’re looking to see can you handle a package car, if you can’t then you can’t. Kinda a requirement.

I haven’t driven a manual at ups since my road test, all auto despite the requirements of must be able to drive manual.

DjsmoothB

I forget how many points one mark on the sheet is. Basically you’re only allowed so many points, like stalling out would be a mark on you, no Signals, grinding gears....too many points you don’t pass.

Basically drive properly, follow traffic laws to a T and you should be fine. They’re looking to see can you handle a package car, if you can’t then you can’t. Kinda a requirement.
Yes I drove for FedEx for about 3 months I have a feel for the truck but it’s just manual transmission that worries me

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Yes I drove for FedEx for about 3 months I have a feel for the truck but it’s just manual transmission that worries me

I don’t know how Texas is but here they typically give you the biggest piece of :censored2: they have.

Everything is smooth and controlled, people fight manuals or panic because they are actually driving a vehicle as opposed to not doing crap in an auto except steer. Clutch is smooth in and smooth out, and don’t panic trying to find gears. They’re there, just let it flow.

I’m originally from the UK so that’s all I grew up on. Autos are pretty rare to drive there, even the police drive manual.

Like I said get through this and that may be the last manual you drive. I haven’t driven a manual since, all auto.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don’t know how Texas is but here they typically give you the biggest piece of :censored2: they have.

Everything is smooth and controlled, people fight manuals or panic because they are actually driving a vehicle as opposed to not doing crap in an auto except steer. Clutch is smooth in and smooth out, and don’t panic trying to find gears. They’re there, just let it flow.

I’m originally from the UK so that’s all I grew up on. Autos are pretty rare to drive there, even the police drive manual.

Like I said get through this and that may be the last manual you drive. I haven’t driven a manual since, all auto.

Screw all that

Rev it up tight and drop the clutch

Box Ox

Driving test in the morning at 10:30am in ft worth Texas... any good tips ? I only drove manual once and practice for 3 days this week. What to look for ? What to do and what not to do ? Please no silly answers I need to real advice

The clutch is less sensitive/more forgiving than what you'd be working with in a small car. Biggest issue is probably having an awareness of the length of the truck and watching your tail swing. Don't run over any curbs with your rear wheels.

The supervisor who rode shotgun on my road test didn't care about my starting in 2nd or popping it into neutral when stopping. But it might be different now and vary by supervisor.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do a proper pretrip. Dont hurry thru it.

Dont start the truck engine until you have your seatbelt fastened.