Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
I did my 4th day today as a driver helper. I did the route by myself on the golf cart. Let me ask you all something? The golf cart is stored in a shipping container, and unloading it and the little trailer isn't bad. What is bad though... is driving it back in. There is no ramp, so you have to get a running start in order not to high center the cart going in. The problem is there is about 8" of metal that you have to go over. OMG. That crap hurts and jars the crap out of you. I did it yesterday and today. My dang head, shoulder and back, did not like that at all. I am not doing that again! Not only is it bad on the cart, and trailer and tires, but it sure didn't feel good on my body. UGH! Not impressed! :sick:

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I did my 4th day today as a driver helper. I did the route by myself on the golf cart. Let me ask you all something? The golf cart is stored in a shipping container, and unloading it and the little trailer isn't bad. What is bad though... is driving it back in. There is no ramp, so you have to get a running start in order not to high center the cart going in. The problem is there is about 8" of metal that you have to go over. OMG. That crap hurts and jars the crap out of you. I did it yesterday and today. My dang head, shoulder and back. did not like that at all. I am not doing that again! Not only is it bad on the cart, and trailer and tires, but it sure didn't feel good on my body. UGH! Not impressed! :sick:

So what are you going to do leave it outside the container?

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
Thank you. I hope they have one too. That is really a safety issue anyway. The first time... I had too much of a running start and hit the end of the container slightly. I was glad it didn't hurt the cart.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The pods should have ramps, management failed you, I have crap loaded for one I drop in one neighborhood, and drag a uhaul to another. Also, if you need gas don’t expect the driver to bring some, I put a stop to that once I heard management’s lazy asses were trying to get drivers to take 5 gallon gas cans in the cargo area out to golf cart guys.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My golf cart helper always gets a set of ramps. Its just a couple of boards nailed together, nothing to it. I can pull a golf cart out of the pod without one, but I can't imagine trying to drive it back in. Our supervisors carry the gas cans out. My Center is imploding this year, my golf cart route should be in by now. They seem to have forgotten about them and getting rental trucks this year.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I did my 4th day today as a driver helper. I did the route by myself on the golf cart. Let me ask you all something? The golf cart is stored in a shipping container, and unloading it and the little trailer isn't bad. What is bad though... is driving it back in. There is no ramp, so you have to get a running start in order not to high center the cart going in. The problem is there is about 8" of metal that you have to go over. OMG. That crap hurts and jars the crap out of you. I did it yesterday and today. My dang head, shoulder and back, did not like that at all. I am not doing that again! Not only is it bad on the cart, and trailer and tires, but it sure didn't feel good on my body. UGH! Not impressed! :sick:

What is the rule on firearms? Can you carry while working for UPS?

06508d304495323b7f0ac6811085faa4.jpg

You guys are slipping....

Dhydratd

:censored2:, someone take my package car! Gimme a golf cart instead!! I'd drive that mo fo all the way to the front door of every damn house on my route!! Here's your Amazon, mother effer!!!

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Can you back it in instead? My cart is electric but seems to have more torque in reverse.