drop box mishap

jd93

On Tuesday July 9 (4 days ago). I dropped off my RMA nexus 4 at a ups drop box, with the shipping label Google sent me printed on it. It's Saturday and there's still no tracking information for the package on the site. Should I be worried? I live in Vancouver, BC so I would assume that the box is emptied out quite a bit. I really hope it's not lost because then I would be charged $400. Should I for a claim? Start looking for it?

iruhnman630

Does the tracking number start with '1Z'? Just making sure it is actually a UPS number.

4 days with no package tracking info would be a problem. Call 1 800 PICK UPS with the info.

DS

Fenderbender
Should I be worried? I live in Vancouver, BC so I would assume that the box is emptied out quite a bit. I really hope it's not lost because then I would be charged $400. Should I for a claim? Start looking for it?
No.Do not worry.Check on Monday.Relax.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
OP dropped it on Tuesday. Yup, problem.

Don't know how I missed that, but I did.

untitled.bmp

jd93

I'm wondering if anyone can explain how this would be possible in a scenario that the package wasn't lost or stolen.
I printed the shipping label from what google sent me. What happens if the barcode was scratched off and unable to be scanned? would ups return the parcel to my house (the returning address)?

UPSGUY72

I'm wondering if anyone can explain how this would be possible in a scenario that the package wasn't lost or stolen.
I printed the shipping label from what google sent me. What happens if the barcode was scratched off and unable to be scanned? would ups return the parcel to my house (the returning address)?

Did you label look like the pics below ??? If not it probably wasn't a UPS label ? Letter boxes are emptied ever night M-friend.

Also why would you ask "What happens if the barcode was scratched off and unable to be scanned ? " You just print it out according to you.

jd93

it looks exactly like that. would it be possible that this particular drop box wasn't visited this week?
Or maybe it missed an origin scan? Or even it got stuck inside the box?

UPSGUY72

it looks exactly like that. would it be possible that this particular drop box wasn't visited this week? NO
Or maybe it missed an origin scan? NO it would have got one when the driver open the box and if not when it got to the small sort in the building. Or even it got stuck inside the box? A small Letter maybe one day but a Cell phone Box not a chance

What the tracking number ?

Also if there is not record of the package getting into the UPS system you don't have a claim to file.

Did the box you put your package in look like the following.

UPS_Drop_Box_1.jpg

upsgrunt

What was the dimensions of the box the shipment was in? It is relatively easy for boxes that are a shade too large to get jammed in the downspout neck of the dropbox.

jd93

Yes, the dropbox I put it in was exactly like that.

It was a small box, the kind that ships for phones. I even made sure when I put it in that it slid down, and opened and closed the lid several times to make sure it wasn't jammed.

The tracking number is 1Z1X306F9195989208,

I'm really sad now, I'm pretty sure my package is gone and I'm going to lose $400 I don't have.