Dropping packages at the ups store

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We often drop packages at the ups store for other drivers to pick up or drop our air off there.

Well one ups store scans the packages in so he gets paid just like they are drop offs. Anyone else have a ups store like this?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Our center has us drop off misloads there all the time. They should be compensated for this. They are individually owned. Not owned by ups. I know a guy who owns one. Think they only get like $1 for a dropped off pkg.

Bottom rung

I was delivering to a ups store, this lady opens the door for me as we walk in. Clerk signs for packages, lady states that they are hers. He replies with that'll be ten dollars. I've also watched them charge a lady $60 dollars for a medium size box and two gallons of packing peanuts. I've been told they get one dollar from the company per drop off pkg. Another store I know of charges the customer a dollar to take them.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was delivering to a ups store, this lady opens the door for me as we walk in. Clerk signs for packages, lady states that they are hers. He replies with that'll be ten dollars. I've also watched them charge a lady $60 dollars for a medium size box and two gallons of packing peanuts. I've been told they get one dollar from the company per drop off pkg. Another store I know of charges the customer a dollar to take them.
That was probably $60 for the packaging AND the shipping. If not, the lady was an idiot to agree to pay $60 for an empty box and peanut foam. And I don't see a problem for the store getting $1 per drop off. Or for charging a customer $1 for storing there box till they can pick it up.

Bottom rung

That was probably $60 for the packaging AND the shipping. If not, the lady was an idiot to agree to pay $60 for an empty box and peanut foam. And I don't see a problem for the store getting $1 per drop off. Or for charging a customer $1 for storing there box till they can pick it up.
She didn't ship her pkg there. She went to the customer counter and shipped it. They charged her for the box, peanuts and input on how to pack it. I just think it hurts the company having individual franchise treating people this way. And I'll be the first to say there at no victims...only volunteers.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We do it all the time.

well_la_dee_fricken_da.gif

Indecisi0n

Guy at my UPS store refuses to allow us to drop off misloads anymore. I don't blame him. Other drivers sometimes don't show up because there is no communication at my retarded center.