Drug Testing for Package Delivery Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearington

What's going on guys? I'm sure you guys get this question often but I have searched the internet and honestly couldnt find a legitimate response for this question.

I would love to know if UPS does a pre-employment drug screen for Package Delivery Drivers.

Currently, I smoke marijuana on the daily for medical reasons although I don't have a medical card as it is pretty difficult to get one in Jersey.

I stopped smoking on Monday of this week (it is now thursday) and I have an appointment on Monday. Apparently I'll be doing a road test. They also mentioned that a DOT Physical exam is required for the position.

The reason I want to know if they drug test is because I am a pretty heavy man 6'1 240ish lbs. I smoke more than once a day, everyday. IF they do drug test then I need to start performing heavy exercise and try to Detox my body as soon as possible.

I have a baby on the way and this job would really help secure stability for my family, any information at all is greatly appreciated!!!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What's going on guys? I'm sure you guys get this question often but I have searched the internet and honestly couldnt find a legitimate response for this question.

I would love to know if UPS does a pre-employment drug screen for Package Delivery Drivers.

Currently, I smoke marijuana on the daily for medical reasons although I don't have a medical card as it is pretty difficult to get one in Jersey.

I stopped smoking on Monday of this week (it is now thursday) and I have an appointment on Monday. Apparently I'll be doing a road test. They also mentioned that a DOT Physical exam is required for the position.

The reason I want to know if they drug test is because I am a pretty heavy man 6'1 240ish lbs. I smoke more than once a day, everyday. IF they do drug test then I need to start performing heavy exercise and try to Detox my body as soon as possible.

I have a baby on the way and this job would really help secure stability for my family, any information at all is greatly appreciated!!!!
While I don't personally smoke or chastise those that do, it never ceases to amaze me how many people indulge in "recreational or lol...medicinal" drug use and then want to get a job that pays upwards of $90k only to wonder if they drug test. Um, yeah they drug test before you get hired. Afterwards, that's a different story. We have plenty of smokers, tweakers, poppers, and drunks that maintain that lifestyle after they get hired.

To each his own...but guarantee this, if you get into an accident and they drug test you, not only could you face criminal charges, but you will probably lose everything anyways because sure as schitz, you hurt someone and you're gonna get sued and most definitely lose the job. So toke on and good luck out there!

Bearington

Hard to take someone seriously when they say they smoke for medical purposes, yet don't have a prescription. If you're well enough to be a driver, you're well enough to not need to smoke weed.

If you would do your research you'd see why I can't get a medical card in New Jersey, you have to be damn near dying to receive one because our governor doesn't want to expand the medicinal program. If i was in California I would already have one.

Thank you for all of the replies everyone! Appreciate it! Time to detox

Bearington

Guys just to clarify, it is for Package Delivery driver and does NOT require me to have a CDL.... I do know that the DOT Physical exams vary based on if the job requires a CDL or not.

Thanks for all of the opinions thus far everyone.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Currently, I smoke marijuana on the daily for medical reasons although I don't have a medical card as it is pretty difficult to get one in Jersey. I stopped smoking on Monday of this week (it is now thursday) and I have an appointment on Monday.
No one likes a quitter!

Sassy

Many of the people here would love to roll a fat one but we like taking care of the people we love more..We don't whine and make excuse's we just play by the rules...Not sure your up to our standard's of hard working drivers. Not being ugly just stating a fact

Bearington

No one likes a quitter!

lmao... i hate to do it in all honesty but there's no reason to take a risk and I have no issues with stopping, especially if it will benefit myself and my family.

The main reason I asked is because I wanted to make sure I had enough time to detox since I am a big guy.

Bearington

Many of the people here would love to roll a fat one but we like taking care of the people we love more..We don't whine and make excuse's we just play by the rules...Not sure your up to our standard's of hard working drivers. Not being ugly just stating a fact

I truly don't understand where your point of view comes from.. nowhere in my post did I say I wasn't willing to stop smoking weed.

The reason for my post was to make sure I actually had enough time to get myself detoxed.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What medical reason do you use as your excuse for why you smoke pot?

If you know you have a baby on the way, why not get all your crap in order well in advance of a job opportunity? Not just 4 days before a test?

You won't be drug tested, but if you are as much of a hard worker as I'm thinking, you'll DQ anyways.

Time to grow up, Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.