Drugstore drones: UPS will fly CVS prescriptions to customers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Drugstore drones: UPS will fly CVS prescriptions to customers - Reuters

United Parcel Service Inc’s new Flight Forward drone unit will soon start home prescription delivery from CVS Health Corp.

The service, which will debut in one or two U.S. cities in the coming weeks, shows how the world’s biggest parcel delivery company is expanding the reach of its upstart drone delivery service beyond hospital campuses.

UPS Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer Scott Price said the Atlanta-based company, which owns 251 aircraft and charters nearly 300 more, said “Flight Forward will work with new customers in other industries to design additional solutions for a wide array of last-mile and urgent delivery challenges.”

Indecisi0n

Drugstore drones: UPS will fly CVS prescriptions to customers - Reuters

United Parcel Service Inc’s new Flight Forward drone unit will soon start home prescription delivery from CVS Health Corp.

The service, which will debut in one or two U.S. cities in the coming weeks, shows how the world’s biggest parcel delivery company is expanding the reach of its upstart drone delivery service beyond hospital campuses.

UPS Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer Scott Price said the Atlanta-based company, which owns 251 aircraft and charters nearly 300 more, said “Flight Forward will work with new customers in other industries to design additional solutions for a wide array of last-mile and urgent delivery challenges.”
You have insufficient privileges to reply here

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why would CVS, or Walgreens, or any other pharmacy contract with a common carrier to deliver their scripts via drone, when they could have their own drone system deliver them?

It's called eliminating the middle man.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Why would CVS, or Walgreens, or any other pharmacy contract with a common carrier to deliver their scripts via drone, when they could have their own drone system deliver them?

They and many other retail stores are set up with Point of Puchase layouts that WANT the customer to come in to the store. Why would they promote something totally opposite from their retail venue? This has got to be a fringe service.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They and many other retail stores are set up with Point of Puchase layouts that WANT the customer to come in to the store. Why would they promote something totally opposite from their retail venue? This has got to be a fringe service.
Who said 'promote'?

People really need to stop injecting their personal agendas into others statements.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Who said 'promote'?

People really need to stop injecting their personal agendas into others statements.
"Contract" in your statement is equivalent to enter into agreement to accept a specific thing. Since it's a new service I consider it them promoting it that way. How sharp is your knife to split blonde hairs?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"Contract" in your statement is equivalent to enter into agreement to accept a specific thing. Since it's a new service I consider it them promoting it that way. How sharp is your knife to split blonde hairs?
The 'contract' is between the pharmacy and the carrier, not the recipient.

Just like FedEx is promoting its Robotic Courier to deliver auto parts, pizzas, etc., to local neighborhoods, the pharmacy would use its own drone to deliver prescriptions to those who are unable or unwilling to commute. Why would you pay UPS or FedEx to deliver a package that you could handle, anyway?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

being the best middle man is literally how UPS grew into what it was, so it obviously works

Packmule

I figured commercial to commercial was coming because you can control the environment on both ends. Delivery by drone to a private residence without a major problem will be interesting to see!

Gipsee

I doubt this will fly long... :rolleyes: Too many potential issues...won’t be able to transport narcotics. The FAA has enough issues I can’t see them letting drones become drug carriers