Dues and initiation fees

CatZehm82

Hello, I'm new here. Anyways I just started at UPS at the end of May. The last 3 of my 4 paychecks have had both initiation fee and union dues taken out. Does anyone know if thats normal? Thought is was only supposed to be taken out once a month.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Hello, I'm new here. Anyways I just started at UPS at the end of May. The last 3 of my 4 paychecks have had both initiation fee and union dues taken out. Does anyone know if thats normal? Thought is was only supposed to be taken out once a month.
Where I am at union dues are taken out the 1st check of the month $38.00.I know its differnet in other regions like a small amount taken each check $9.50 per check(Instead of paying it all at once).How much are they taking out for union dues each week?When I started my dues would come off the first check,the checks for the rest of the month would be initiation fees taking out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Think of it as a "one way lottery".

Red Headed Stranger

Same here. I've had both union dues and initiation fees taken out of all but my very first check. I am a pre-loader if it makes any difference. Does anyone know how much the initiation fees are total? Thank you!

CatZehm82

For me initiation is 25. Union dues are 40. 250 total for initiation so I'm 75 into it. I'm a package handler. I just got off the phone with my union rep and she said I was triple charged to make up a past due balance because I was seasonal for 2019 and 2020. That shouldn't be because I wasn't union during peak. She said I shouldn't be charged again until July. We'll see.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
For me initiation is 25. Union dues are 40. 250 total for initiation so I'm 75 into it. I'm a package handler. I just got off the phone with my union rep and she said I was triple charged to make up a past due balance because I was seasonal for 2019 and 2020. That shouldn't be because I wasn't union during peak. She said I shouldn't be charged again until July. We'll see.
When @rod Was in the union it was a whole dollar they took out for fees, right @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

rod

Retired 22 years
When @rod Was in the union it was a whole dollar they took out for fees, right @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U
6843DF61-95AC-4229-8BBC-7BD24CCC66D4.jpeg