DUI Florida

truckofdreams

I got a dui 2018 November I was told by hr to start feeders my question is hr and the union don’t know if I’m eligible. I’ve told both. There not sure if it’s one year three or 0 years I’m doing the application right now I’m just wondering what should be my expectations thanks.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I got a dui 2018 November I was told by hr to start feeders my question is hr and the union don’t know if I’m eligible. I’ve told both. There not sure if it’s one year three or 0 years I’m doing the application right now I’m just wondering what should be my expectations thanks.
HR told you to start feeders.
start feeders and let them worry about it.

as usual there is probably more to this story.

truckofdreams

HR told you to start feeders.
start feeders and let them worry about it.

as usual there is probably more to this story.
Yea I’m going to start feeders. I was just honest with them and told them I got a dui last year and they said I was dq for three years and I ask where does it say and they couldn’t provide any answers. So I ask the union and they don’t know. I read that I couldn’t get my cdl for a year after the dui on Florida driver license website. There allowing me to continue. But I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Johney

If you're in Florida, I'm almost positive it says right on the bid sheets no DUI's for at least one year. There's one hanging in a Hub I'm going to tonight I'll double check. I'm sure they are all the same here.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yea I’m going to start feeders. I was just honest with them and told them I got a dui last year and they said I was dq for three years and I ask where does it say and they couldn’t provide any answers. So I ask the union and they don’t know. I read that I couldn’t get my cdl for a year after the dui on Florida driver license website. There allowing me to continue. But I don’t want to get my hopes up.
Before i started feeders I had to fill out about 25 pages of paperwork including at that time a DMV 7 year printout of my driving record. Then you have to get a physical. The company won't start all that unless you are okay for training.

But they have been known to screw up. I would just let them train you etc. After training you will get a road test. Then the CDL which the DMV has to approve. You never know , you may be okay and if you're not you will have to wait.

It may be okay with the DMV but UPS sets the standards for their drivers ultimately. In CA. the state allows a blood alcohol level of 0.04 for a CDL holder . However UPS has a 0.00 ( no tolerance ) blood alcohol level.. I was drug/alcohol tested at least once a year and sometimes more. Testing was random /

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You’re allowed to drive to and from work with a suspended license for DUI? When did that start? I had one more than 20 years ago. I couldn’t drive anywhere. Coddled millenials smdh
I had one 39 years ago and you were allowed a permit to drive to work and back. Coddled baby boomers.