Dumb questions

Sorry in advance for the dumb questions if they are taken that way. I understand if I just ask HR my questions could be answered buti just found out my fate today. I was hired off the street in November for a seasonal coverage driver ...lots of hard work and luck later I was just offered a full time coverage driver position and will start my 30 days probation period next week. My questions are the basic pay progression, benefit start date, union start date? If contracts vary?? I am in Central, IL.

Thank you! everyone tells me how they never hire off the street and how lucky I am ...coming from a previous career in law enforcement I actually love this job management at my center is surprisingly approachable ...I sense some tension with some drivers ...I assume because I didn't "climb through the ranks" but all in all am very happy

upschuck

It is rare, but you must have done a good job that they want you to keep you on, which will help you in qualifying.

Yeah I wish I could stay on my peak route but they have a set training route that by the area seems like hell ...plan to get a list of stops for a Tuesday and start running it on my off time

PT Car Washer

I finish out my peak contract in the coming week and then start my 30 the week after
I believe if your center management team offered you this sweetheart deal the fix is in. Just keep doing what you have been doing, don't crash and the job is yours. Of course after that UPS owns your soul for the next 30 years. Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you! everyone tells me how they never hire off the street and how lucky I am ...coming from a previous career in law enforcement I actually love this job management at my center is surprisingly approachable ...I sense some tension with some drivers ...I assume because I didn't "climb through the ranks" but all in all am very happy

Some of the best drivers I have ever met were hired off the street.

T

Turdferguson

I do think they have a better attitude to start than the insiders, because they haven't had to deal with UPS management, but after a while of beat downs, they see what it is all about.
Do you equate gullible with better?

oldngray

nowhere special
I do think they have a better attitude to start than the insiders, because they haven't had to deal with UPS management, but after a while of beat downs, they see what it is all about.

Not beat down at first but believe everything they are told until they learn how things are in the real world.