Duplicate Barcodes

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of packages for the same address with the same 1Z? I had 3 separate stops with 2 pkgs each which had the same barcode. Sheeted the second as dup stop.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of packages for the same address with the same 1Z? I had 3 separate stops with 2 pkgs each which had the same barcode. Sheeted the second as dup stop.
No.

If I do get one I've been told type in the shipper number then any three numbers you want.

By The Book

There is a way to scan up to, I believe 3 barcode a on one package line. I've done this not knowing how and coming up short on my package count. It will show an asterisk next to shipper number once scanned. I can't figure out how to do it intentionally though.

brownracer

The duplicate barcode used to work from the Remark field. It was taken out a couple of years ago because of accidental use. The only way to add additional barcodes to the same pkg is to edit the pkg and scan the additional barcodes up to a total of five.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I just drop the package with the orginal if I find it while at the same stop. Like Upstate, I sheet as duplicate stop if I have to drive back and if management is concerned, you can explain it to them as the reasoning and they can choose to persue it from there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just drop the package with the orginal if I find it while at the same stop. Like Upstate, I sheet as duplicate stop if I have to drive back and if management is concerned, you can explain it to them as the reasoning and they can choose to persue it from there.

I sheet them as duplicate whether I deliver it at the same time or if I have to go back.

9.5er

I assumed they were banded together at one time.
I delivered a box last week. Got to the next stop and there sits another package for the last stop. I back track thinking I must have grabbed the wrong box some how. Got back and there sits the correct box at the correct address. I looked closer and he ttwo boxes had the same tracking #. One small box and one medium sized box. No way they were banded together.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I delivered a box last week. Got to the next stop and there sits another package for the last stop. I back track thinking I must have grabbed the wrong box some how. Got back and there sits the correct box at the correct address. I looked closer and he ttwo boxes had the same tracking #. One small box and one medium sized box. No way they were banded together.
I know someone who had 2 $800 vacuum's delivered to there door with same tracking #. They only ordered 1. Someone in the shipping department messed up............

UPSGUY72

Delivery 1 and RTS the other, it will confuse everyone, LOL

I Deliver One and RTS the other I just don't sheet it. I service cross it and write duplicate tracking number RTS and give it to the clerk when I get back.

I've RTS 50 lbs boxes and 1 lbs bags that had duplicate labels. My SUP said you can input the shipper number and then the weight in the next three spots or RTS. I RTS them rhat way I know UPS will be getting paid and the shipper might think twice next time.

I Deliver One and RTS the other I just don't sheet it. I service cross it and write duplicate tracking number RTS and give it to the clerk when I get back.

I've RTS 50 lbs boxes and 1 lbs bags that had duplicate labels. My SUP said you can input the shipper number and then the weight in the next three spots or RTS. I RTS them rhat way I know UPS will be getting paid and the shipper might think twice next time.
All that for 2 boxes of diapers? Knock drop and go. Not my money.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Or, here is an idea, leave the second dup tracking pkg on the bumper, see how long it takes to "accidentally" fall off into middle of street , or into a ditch! :thumbsup:

My rule of thumb is if I have to pay for a lost package. $5 or $10 okay that will not break me but much more the that they can go to the customer counter to pick up their packages.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Last summer I had that happen almost everyday. Haven't seen that in a while. They told us to deliver the duplicate, peel òff one of the pal labels and give to an on-car so they could bill the shipper.