Duplicate Barcodes

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So it happened to me twice this week... 2 boxes with the same exact tracking number. So the fedex system thinks we're moving 1 box when i physically released 2

I CPC my earlier one but no reply. So i took some pics for future reference. Both labels has 26 lbs on it. But one was a small box ~ shrugs

Another i had on a Saturday... so i used the stop comment to say 2 boxes, with same tracking number. To add, i edit address to include 2 boxes same barcode on the 2nd line. And finally, i DR ~ Other : FD 2 boxes with duplicate barcode

20161015_113322.jpg

It was a light day on Saturday so i was paid flat rate n done by 1615

Should i have done something different?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So it happened to me twice this week... 2 boxes with the same exact tracking number. So the fedex system thinks we're moving 1 box when i physically released 2

I CPC my earlier one but no reply. So i took some pics for future reference. Both labels has 26 lbs on it. But one was a small box ~ shrugs

Another i had on a Saturday... so i used the stop comment to say 2 boxes, with same tracking number. To add, i edit address to include 2 boxes same barcode on the 2nd line. And finally, i DR ~ Other : FD 2 boxes with duplicate barcode

View attachment 100750

It was a light day on Saturday so i was paid flat rate n done by 1615

Should i have done something different?
Sounds good to me.

Some people should never be allowed to ship packages.........sigh.

OrioN

I would bring it back to QA if there was a dozen boxes with the same exact barcode... now that's blatant stealing from the company!

It's weird that we have all this tech & the system can't catch duplicate barcodes in the system...

When i scan my stuff to play Tetris every morning i don't have time to read every label during the preload

BigTex61

I've had this happen several times recently. When brought to a managers attention, they only had a csa rex the tracking number to reflect the weight of the total shipment.

McFeely

Huge Member
I just drop them off. It's not worth the pennies for the extra package to do anything else.

I never have the time to do anything other than just deliver them, honestly. I'm not sure the proper procedure at Express to do a REX of some sort on it, and I'm always trying to get out of the building quickly and nobody has an answer quick enough to help...so they just get delivered as one package POD.

If only the courier got a small % of our REX'd packages, I'd bet they'd see more effort on things like this.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I just drop them off. It's not worth the pennies for the extra package to do anything else.
You have a Moral and Ethical responsibility to Fedex to assure that the Company is being fully reimbursed for the service they are providing, and for which they are contracting YOU to provide.

( I can't believe I typed that without a single misspelled word, I was laughing so hard I could barely see!)

bacha29

You have a Moral and Ethical responsibility to Fedex to assure that the Company is being fully reimbursed for the service they are providing, and for which they are contracting YOU to provide.

( I can't believe I typed that without a single misspelled word, I was laughing so hard I could barely see!)
A Fedex problem that requires a Fedex solution. From a contractor perspective IWBF is correct. Not worth the few extra cents to haul it back.

dezguy

Slap a domestic or international mps label on the dup piece. That's how we do it in Express. They won't get that delivery and not get charged for it..
I used to do this when I cared and when the company gave us incentive to rex (rexing contest). Now, I just scan the one package and give the customer both packages.

CJinx

Our CSPs tend to bring it back to the station and QA reaches out to the shipper to determine whether or not the consignee is supposed to receive multiple items. Most of the time, the shipper just screwed up and filled the same order twice, so we just send it back.

Star B

White Lightening
I rex it. If they want to bitch about my numbers, they will see a powerpad/comment trail about the duplicate.

I'm not about to give them ammunition to fire me for falsifying.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I never have the time to do anything other than just deliver them, honestly. I'm not sure the proper procedure at Express to do a REX of some sort on it, and I'm always trying to get out of the building quickly and nobody has an answer quick enough to help...so they just get delivered as one package POD.

If only the courier got a small % of our REX'd packages, I'd bet they'd see more effort on things like this.
If haven't rexed a package in YEARS. Don't care enough to.

This is my first post ever, but i read occasionally. There is a simple scan function in the powerpad, But without holding one I can't remember if its under Inbound or REV Exceptions, Very brief. It asks Total pieces, and total weight of all pieces after you scan the tracking barcode. Pain doing it the first time, but no more than 5 seconds once you've done it a couple of times.

STFXG

If it is a resi we DR one and bring the other back to qa for a new barcode. If it's a business we just write +1 in the signature box and have them sign.

OrioN

Thanks y'all for the various ways each opco deals with this... what's rex ~rev?

Brownies have a duplicate button... cool

If its 2 boxes, I'll just DR 'em if i don't feel like bringing both of them back. If its a dozen, i'll check the weight to make sure it's total for the whole thing .

For example, Medline usually use those cumbersome plastic straps to band 4~6 boxes of diapers or pads and calls it one box~ grr tripping hazard, hand may get cut if u handle them without gloves, i can't properly fit them into a Tetris wall easily, etc

Sortaneutral
I don't have a scale to weigh them while on route , unless i catch the duplicate & gives them to QA clerck while still at the hub