DWI Question

jay11123

I am having a difficut time getting UPS management to give me a straight answer as to whether I am elligable to qualify to become a part time cover driver. I have had past DWI convictions, 3 to be exact, and I have recently regained my licence. I have spoken with management and I have been told many different things, such as...I have to posess my license for three years and keep it clean for tree years, then I will be elligable to qualify. My shop steward has told me that is wrong, and I am unable to get any answers from our local union business agent. Anyone know whatis right and what is wrong. I am frustrated!!!!!

upsgrunt

I guess I have to ask; you got caught 3 times- Have you learned a lesson yet? I'm not trying to be an ass, but 3 DWI's might not give you a great start into what you are wanting. I don't know the answers to your questions, but good luck to you.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I am having a difficut time getting UPS management to give me a straight answer as to whether I am elligable to qualify to become a part time cover driver. I have had past DWI convictions, 3 to be exact, and I have recently regained my licence. I have spoken with management and I have been told many different things, such as...I have to posess my license for three years and keep it clean for tree years, then I will be elligable to qualify. My shop steward has told me that is wrong, and I am unable to get any answers from our local union business agent. Anyone know whatis right and what is wrong. I am frustrated!!!!!

3 years clean of any convictions like that in ENE. Not sure for NNE. it's 3 years clean except tickets...no more than 2 tickets in past 3 .

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I sure hope you get your #H*T straight before you decide to drive. I sure hope they tell you you can't drive. THATS MY RANT FOR THE YEAR!

I'm sorry to Cheryl and the moderators in advance-------

jay11123 you DUMB@ss!!

jacqui_poster1.jpg

bellesotico

BOXstar
Thats a big fat negative Jay.
Sorry..not to be rude..but..whoa. Have you considered other full time options with ups that arent driving related?

Leftinbuilding

Personally, I hope they don't hire you. THREE DWI convictions? Give me a break. You should be in prison! I have zero, zilch sympathy for drunk drivers! Your selfishness puts you at the bottom of the scumbag heap in my opinion. Go bust a rock pile or something. Stay away from decent people. I could go on....

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Personally, I hope they don't hire you. THREE DWI convictions? Give me a break. You should be in prison! I have zero, zilch sympathy for drunk drivers! Your selfishness puts you at the bottom of the scumbag heap in my opinion. Go bust a rock pile or something. Stay away from decent people. I could go on....

I was soooo mad I couldn't write earlier! :P Thank you Leftinbuilding for writing the words I was looking for!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would possibly understand 1 DUI, we all make mistakes. But damn, 3 DUI, and you still ask for a full time job driving.
WOW

The guy that would hire you full time driving would be laying his head on a chopping block to take that risk.
You shouldn't be even looking to drive at work period.

You're probably a nice guy, but I think you should UNDERSTAND that this job is not for you !!

newworker

if I was on the jury it would depend on the time stamp of your arrests.

Was it 3:00 am or 3:00 pm.

Big difference in my book

DS

Fenderbender
You have a tough crowd here Jay.Sometimes people make bad decisions,your first one was your first impaired.Here in Ontario Canada the 2nd offence is mandatory jail time,and the 3rd I believe is a year minimum.Here you must wait 3 years to obtain a clean driving record after your most recent impaired.Maybe driving for ups is another bad decision.
But then again some people do learn from thier errors,and if you want it that bad ups offers plenty of non driving jobs if you want to get seniority and just wait it out.If you drink and drive again we will hunt you down and kill you.:dead:....:dissapointed:.....:happy2:......

newworker

AM or PM ????????????? It's wrong to drink & drive no matter what the clock says !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dead:

Don't be so hard on yourself moreluck. If you want to drive yourself home after the bar closes it's doors to you, you are on your own. But have you ever suffered any consequences for doing so other than being stopped by police? You know, have you run over any kittens or hit any school buses at 3 in the morning?

btw many more people are killed in motor vehicle accidents where no alcohol was involved that the alternative 3 am drunk driver scenario.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
People in this industry take safety seriously. Multiple DWIs sounds careless to me. I never drive after drinking. I gave up bars and night clubbing 25 years a go when I went full time into Package.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
If you want to drive yourself home after the bar closes it's doors to you, you are on your own.

So your telling me that when I am going to work on preload at 3:00 AM, that if/when you kill me its O.K? "It's O.K officer, he's dead but its 3:00 AM, not 3:00 P.M"

What about the Feeder driver going to and from his stops? Thats O.K to kill him/her too?

Last edited:

newworker

So your telling me that when I am going to work on preload at 3:00 AM, that if/when you kill me its O.K? "It's O.K officer, he's dead but its 3:00 AM, not 3:00 P.M"

What about the Feeder driver going to and from his stops? Thats O.K to kill him/her too?

Is it more ok if you are killed by a non drunk driver?

More fatal accidents are non alcohol related than are.