Earliest Pre Load and Driver Start Times

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've never started driving before 8am, even during peak. We have some routes that start at 7am to deliver EAM to the city.

brostalss

I heard they had our preload starting at midnight on Monday morning during peak. We would head out around 9:15am.

One day we had an 8:00am start time. That was an awesome day. 10 extra minutes in the morning is like picking up 20 in the afternoon.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We normally start around 8:50. Back in the early 90's before we had preload we started about 7:00. Sure was nice getting home at a decent time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What's the earliest start time recorded throughout BC? Mine 10pm on a Sunday night
According to my supplement...they cannot start preload earlier than midnight in my local. They work around this during peak by having a 4 hour Saturday sort...which as a PTer you will only be paid as straight time...even if its your sixth punch of the week.

oldngray

nowhere special
According to my supplement...they cannot start preload earlier than midnight in my local. They work around this during peak by having a 4 hour Saturday sort...which as a PTer you will only be paid as straight time...even if its your sixth punch of the week.

Here they can start you before midnight but that triggers Sunday pay which I'm not sure but might be double time for the whole shift. So they start after midnight. UPS would bend the rule the other way and have preloaders start at 11:45 and finish on a holiday to avoid the extra pay.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here they can start you before midnight but that triggers Sunday pay which I'm not sure but might be double time for the whole shift. So they start after midnight. UPS would bend the rule the other way and have preloaders start at 11:45 and finish on a holiday to avoid the extra pay.
Forced to work on a Sunday is double time here....unless it's part of your regular weekly shift.