Early Buy-out for 2010?

cwmaxxout

Could early buy-out for 2010 be on the way, for Drivers, and Management? UPS must adjust too many people, not enough boxes! Many employees that have 30+ years but need the right combination may want out!

Could early buy-out for 2010 be on the way, for Drivers, and Management? UPS must adjust too many people, not enough boxes! Many employees that have 30+ years but need the right combination may want out!
I'll believe it when it happens. I sure wouldn't hold my breath.

Cezanne

You would have better odds having breakfast with BIGFOOT.:wink2:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
You would have better odds having breakfast with BIGFOOT.:wink2:
Mmmm, Brownmonster love bacon....
1971.png

randomUPSISer

Dont get your hopes too high. This rumor seems to show up EVERY YEAR around this time.

cwmaxxout

Last year after Peak season there were along period of very slow volume, meaning over staffing! I don't think that UPS will let the same thing occur again! Dead weight only if economy picks up justifiy keeping people to the stock holders! This Company believe people lie numbers don't! What's your opinion?

wkmac

700,000,000 / 6000 = 116,666.67

Do you honestly think the average management employee cost that much?

Start factoring in bennies and other elements and yeah, you are in the general average ballpark and a fulltime employee is likely not to much below that figure either!

It's easy to think we only cost the gross figure on a paycheck but I'd go so far as to say that this amount is only about 60% of our total cost to the company.

JMO

33in2togo

Coworker signed retirement papers this week. Last actual work day will be will be December 30th and will be on payroll for vacation time earned. 20 years in management and is 56 years old. He is not waiting for any early retirement / buy out / force out. Would have to work another 5 years to gain any pension increase. Found another job, less pay but hopefully less stress combined with pension should be OK. Several over 20 year folks have recently quit. They grew tired of the constant pressur for not making unobtainable goals. The buy outs will be force outs.

tieguy

Banned
Coworker signed retirement papers this week. Last actual work day will be will be December 30th and will be on payroll for vacation time earned. 20 years in management and is 56 years old. He is not waiting for any early retirement / buy out / force out. Would have to work another 5 years to gain any pension increase. Found another job, less pay but hopefully less stress combined with pension should be OK. Several over 20 year folks have recently quit. They grew tired of the constant pressur for not making unobtainable goals. The buy outs will be force outs.

we tried to make them force outs last time but lost many good people instead.

randomUPSISer

we tried to make them force outs last time but lost many good people instead.

Thats what ALWAYS happens when you set up the environment like UPS has been doing the last 1-2 years. The truely good people will seek out greener pastures (3 down in my area in the last 2 years... several more are actively looking. I'm passively looking because I'm too much a :censored2: to leave on my own accord... )

In I.S., that type of turnover is pretty high. In my area now, we have 3 people who I would say are "good", and the rest are people whom I dont think could find a job elsewhere if they tried.