Early out?

Brown54

Any word out there in the UPS management circles of an early out program? My supervisor is holding on to that hope as the company seems to be trimming down some overhead. We haven't seen any buyouts in the NW. How about the rest of the nation?

negrosangre

Maybe something will be announced along with the 4th quarter 2008 results report, due next week. If not then, maybe in April with the 1st quarter 2009 results report........you see where this is going.

grami72

That rumor comes up every year at this time. I don't recall any real buyouts since around 1995. The problem they had then was that a lot of the real sharp people took the buyout, and went to work elsewhere. If they do anything, I think they will more carefully target the management they would like to see go.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That rumor comes up every year at this time. I don't recall any real buyouts since around 1995. The problem they had then was that a lot of the real sharp people took the buyout, and went to work elsewhere. If they do anything, I think they will more carefully target the management they would like to see go.

Why do I feel like that elk in soberups's crosshairs? :anxious:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've never heard of a "targeted buyout". What do they do, give all managers a test and then get rid of the ones who "fail"? Or do they just go "eenie-meenie-minie-moe, you're the manager who has to go"?

rod

Retired 22 years
I've never heard of a "targeted buyout". What do they do, give all managers a test and then get rid of the ones who "fail"? Or do they just go "eenie-meenie-minie-moe, you're the manager who has to go"?

They go - 1,2,3,4
you didn't make your numbers
there's the door