EBO?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lookin for details from anyone that received a packet on Friday?

...and these details would be your concern for what reason? Details such as the ones you are asking for are personal and quite frankly none of your business as they do not pertain to you.

There are several threads currently discussing the EBO--may I suggest you visit one of these for answers to your questions. There is also an explanation of the EBO on upsers.com

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you for your thoughts sir. I agree that it is not my business and I would not expect anyone to share that doesn't want to.

Why would you even think of asking someone to reveal the personal details contained within a packet of information from which he/she must make a life altering decision?

You can read about the basics of the program on upsers.com

Sorry for coming off so hard but your nosiness irked me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why would you even think of asking someone to reveal the personal details contained within a packet of information from which he/she must make a life altering decision?

You can read about the basics of the program on upsers.com

Sorry for coming off so hard but your nosiness irked me.

He had a right to ask, and anyone who got a packet had a right to choose whether or not to answer.

The EBO affects everyone at UPS, not just those who might qualify.

Us hourly grunts are going to see some dramatic changes in our working conditions and our relationships with management as this game of musical chairs unfolds.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
no, the EBO effects the managers who are losing their job, and each one will be rather unique, considering these arn't admins getting the EBO, its staff and VP level.

he can ask, but he should realize, it's none his biznasss.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
no, the EBO effects the managers who are losing their job, and each one will be rather unique, considering these arn't admins getting the EBO, its staff and VP level.

he can ask, but he should realize, it's none his biznasss.

The EBO is being offered to managers based on age and age alone. The 1800 reductions have nothing to do with age. They are not the same people in most cases. If you are a manager or admin your job may be affected.

It's legitimate to ask what the details are. If less eligible people take the deal, more people that are not eligible for the deal will lose their job. Those who are not eligible are hoping the people offered the deal take it.

Highwayman

Well I'm hoping it's a great offer and that these people can move on with dignity. That being said I am curious about what's in the packets too, but it is none of my business. I'm sure as time goes by the details will emerge.:peaceful:

whiskey

Well I'm hoping it's a great offer and that these people can move on with dignity. That being said I am curious about what's in the packets too, but it is none of my business. I'm sure as time goes by the details will emerge.:peaceful:
Dignity is woven with the same fabric as Integrity. And that fabric is on backorder with a very stubborn vendor.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
A manager in my department who is 57 or 58 got the packet.
This was his offer:
1 years wages
Pro-rated MIP with MIP at 2.0 = MONTHLY SALARY * 2 mip * 33%
Paid off 6 Weeks vacation
He said he was going to take the offer and work until April 30th with no vacation and it would be almost like working until the end of 2011. He said he had only planned to work 1 more year.

Another person I know who is 53 said he was not taking it.
No retirement Medical Insurance provided and his wife did not have insurance as a self-employed consultant was what he said was the reason.

co-chair

that sucks should gave half a million with no retirement or health ins. when they take away a 4.00 dollar turkey at christmas i would beleive anything they do but as you all know Scott Davis gave himself a nice 5.2 million dollar package

Another person I know who is 53 said he was not taking it.
No retirement Medical Insurance provided and his wife did not have insurance as a self-employed consultant was what he said was the reason.

This is the trend where I work too - those over 55 are taking it, those 50-54 say it isn't worth it. Can't understand why they wouldn't make it more appealing to the 50-54.

AvgJoe

I know some who are over 55 and not taking the package. I know the decision is very personal but how do you explain that to a staff level manager who did not make the cut for the remaining 20 districts? How would you feel if you worked many hours over the years, up rooting your family for multiple relocations, that there is no job for you? Worse yet, someone over 55 is eligible to take the package, choses to stay and that is one less position available. Does that seem fair?