Ebola and Peak

Packmule

Im thinking that if this Ebola virus keeps popping up around the country it is going to decrease Black Friday and explode cyber Monday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ebola isn't that contagious of a virus I don't see this being a big deal.

People will be quarantined and it'll be over before too terribly long.

Brownslave688

You don't think it's that big of a deal??? Read this:

http://dtolar.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/ebola-a-nurses-perspective/
I stopped reading when I figured out she didn't know what she was talking about.

You are not I repeat are not infectious until symptoms are shown. The last doctor I heard speak on it even said you aren't highly contagious until serious symptoms show themselves.

Ebola is a serious virus for those that contract it. Although the reason so many die in Africa is lack of care. It would have no where near a 90% fatality rate here. Our medical care is much better. I don't find it to be a serious threat because it's not an easy virus to catch. If it were half of Africa would be dead by now with the conditions they live in.

Camping Nana

I stopped reading when I figured out she didn't know what she was talking about.

You are not I repeat are not infectious until symptoms are shown. The last doctor I heard speak on it even said you aren't highly contagious until serious symptoms show themselves.

Ebola is a serious virus for those that contract it. Although the reason so many die in Africa is lack of care. It would have no where near a 90% fatality rate here. Our medical care is much better. I don't find it to be a serious threat because it's not an easy virus to catch. If it were half of Africa would be dead by now with the conditions they live in.

The nurse is a "he" not a "she." :bored2:

Okay.... You go along in your own little world of denial. I think the danger is much worse than most people are thinking. Am I going to quarantine myself and go into hiding? No.... but I do think we need to not pass it off so easily.

Brownslave688

Okay.... You go along in your own little world of denial. I think the danger is much worse than most people are thinking. Am I going to quarantine myself and go into hiding? No.... but I do think we need to not pass it off so easily.
I agree we should take some simple steps like not allow anyone to fly in from infected areas but as far as what is CURRENTLY going on in the states. It's contained.

Returntosender

1977380_803615516355524_3734951369327723968_n_zpseef92498.png

Returntosender

Then you need to wear gloves where ever you go. If the infected Ebola guy went to DisneyLand/World, and was all sweaty and touched door handles/knobs, public restroom sinks. Then you touched it and the sweat got into your pores.
In a few days people will be saying you can get Ebola by pumping gas the station, or buying fruit at the supermarket.

HBGPreloader

Ebola will be a thing of the past by time peak gets here because the CDC has everything under control :(
Seriously though, I believe that the bigger threat to the holidays will be this D 68 enterovirus or whatever they're calling it.

JL 0513

Funny how all these Americans who have contracted it while in Africa did so while having full knowledge of how to avoid getting it and even wore hazmat suits while interacting with the deceased. Yet it's not easy to get....

Now they're being flown to the US one after the next.