Eco dogfight: UPS says it's way greener than Fed Ex

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Eco dogfight: UPS says it's way greener than FedEx - Daily Finance

Not too long ago, getting a package to arrive overnight was a good enough marketing claim to win over customers. But in this era of sustainable business practices, everyone from Wal-Mart (WMT) to Walt Disney (DIS) is burnishing their eco-cred in the hopes of coat-tailing on the current green ethos.

The green factor increasingly plays a role in customer decisions. Which is probably why package and shipping giant United Parcel Service (UPS) has come out swinging against arch-rival Federal Express (FDX). The two mega-brands have been locked in a public dogfight over who's green cred is more legit and which company is actually running a more sustainable operation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How can either company claim to be "green" when both operate thousands of vehicles, very few of which are hybrids or even remotely economical and hundreds of aircraft, a huge source of pollution. How can a jet ever be "green"?

I'm sure both companies will fight it out to see which of them can do a better job of convincing gullible consumers that they actually give a rip about the environment.

SKAGITDRIVER

I had a helper who showed up hungover every day but after he puked and got a pop to drink he did a pretty good job I was driving down U-way he couldn't wait till I stopped so he leaned out the door and hurled all over someones car. I still laugh about the poor soul who came back to their car with frozen puke all over it

rushfan

It sure is greener. The international tractor use about 15-20 more gallons of fuel than the Mack CH-600. I prefer the Mack.