Edison NJ

island1fox

:sad-little:Over 10% unemployment ---people complain about a company with excellent pay and benefits . Grow up ! Get a life !
UPS -tough place to work --respectfully work together to make it better ---but bottom line ---love it --or don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I spent 36 tough years with the company both hourly and management,
No job in ups is easy . I respect all who work there --but have no patience for cry babies !!

over9five

Staff member
:sad-little:Over 10% unemployment ---people complain about a company with excellent pay and benefits . Grow up ! Get a life !
UPS -tough place to work --respectfully work together to make it better ---but bottom line ---love it --or don't let the door hit you on the way out.
No job in ups is easy . I respect all who work there --but have no patience for cry babies !!

I would have to agree with that.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

$8.50 an hour to start.
1 year for benefits to kick in, 18 months for dependants.
That's excellent?
Times have changed at UPS over the last 36 years.
Do you work in NJ were this occured?
What are they protesting?
Can you tell us what makes these people cry babies?
Go back to your lift chair.

rorojo

Give me a break 6 drivers in my center have Been laid off since Feb. 09, Meanwhile drivers are being sent out overloaded with splits and coming in over 9.5 whats fair in that?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
$8.50 an hour to start.
That's excellent?

It's a part time job. You don't go to Mickey D's looking for 25 bucks an hour and full bennies.

island1fox

$8.50 an hour to start.
That's excellent?

Your right --things have changed ---I started at $2.19 an hour ----today I am a multi ,multi MILLIONAIRE !!!!!
Go cry to someone else ---I have been there and I have done it !!!!!!

Also I AM extremely familiar with the Edison Hub ----I worked Midnites there:wink2: probably before you were born sonny ! In fact I remember when the midnight hub was closed and sent up to Meadowlands.
So I am familiar with Edison ----A country club to other places and buildings I have worked ---try working a hub in LA or in Harlem !!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's a part time job. You don't go to Mickey D's looking for 25 bucks an hour and full bennies.

No I wouldn't.
But I did go to work for UPS part time in 1986 for $8/hr + benefits after 30 days and it was a good job.
Can you deny the disparity between now and then?
Is this the same company with excellent pay and great benefits the poster I was replying to described.
He or she is a prideful oldtimer who's admirably defending UPS.
I'm not sure they're worthy.
I'm interested to hear the root cause of this protest.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your right --things have changed ---I started at $2.19 an hour ----today I am a multi ,multi MILLIONAIRE !!!!!

Also I AM extremely familiar with the Edison Hub ----I worked Midnites there:wink2: probably before you were born sonny ! In fact I remember when the midnight hub was closed and sent up to Meadowlands.
So I am familiar with Edison ----A country club to other places and buildings I have worked ---try working a hub in LA or in Harlem !!!

Yea, and I'm sure you walked uphill both ways to and from your car/horse and buggy everyday back then.
Do you know what happened Pops?
I'm not crying.
I too have made my way at UPS.
You might be right?
Enlighten us.

rod

Retired 22 years

Have you got 5 million? Rumor has it you need 5 million to retire.

island1fox

Give me a break 6 drivers in my center have Been laid off since Feb. 09, Meanwhile drivers are being sent out overloaded with splits and coming in over 9.5 whats fair in that?

Whats fair in that ??????
To and from mileage for every truck on the road is extremely expensive for Ups --much more than the 1.5 hour overtime .

Business are going BANKRUPT every day ----Try to THINK ---could it be the company is doing everything possible to weather the storm ----the union people even recieved thier raises --no givebacks by the union ---Management --no raises --doing everything possible to cut costs !!!!!
WAKE UP !!!!!!:dissapointed:

island1fox

Have you got 5 million? Rumor has it you need 5 million to retire.

Rod,
I am sorry I posted that --some things should remain private. My real message was that I was extremely poor ---did almost every job at UPS ---unload,load,sort ---car wash---swept floors---return clerk--customer counter delivered packages and worked my way up in management. I am nor crying when I tell you there were many many tough days and nites. Bottom line I worked hard but UPS provided me the opportunity to reach goals in life I only dreamed of . Hard place to work --but I am enjoying every day of retirement . What I miss most are all the great UPS people ---but through Brown Cafe I can still stay in touch !!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod,
I am sorry I posted that --some things should remain private. My real message was that I was extremely poor ---did almost every job at UPS ---unload,load,sort ---car wash---swept floors---return clerk--customer counter delivered packages and worked my way up in management. I am nor crying when I tell you there were many many tough days and nites. Bottom line I worked hard but UPS provided me the opportunity to reach goals in life I only dreamed of . Hard place to work --but I am enjoying every day of retirement . What I miss most are all the great UPS people ---but through Brown Cafe I can still stay in touch !!!

I really wasn't slamming you. More power to you for your hard work and money savy. :peaceful: Made you the winner!

island1fox

Yea, and I'm sure you walked uphill both ways to and from your car/horse and buggy everyday back then.
Do you know what happened Pops?
I'm not crying.
I too have made my way at UPS.
You might be right?
Enlighten us.

I can't enlighten you --disrespect people older than you --I guess its fine to be young and stupid ----life goes by in a blink ----try not to be old and stupid ---only YOU can change that !!!!:wink2: Have a good life Bubblehead --I truly wish you the best !