Egress

km3

A friend sent me this link on YouTube. Just remember- if you ever think your end of the belt is backed up, there's someone in worse-off shape.

Yep. He should've closed the chute and cleaned it up. Supervisors start yellin', I start grievin'. Article 18 and Article 37.

J

jibbs

Close chute turn off belt. Pick up egress

I already hit'cha with the Winner! but but gosh darn did you hit the mark with this one.

They start yellin', let them turn the belt back on, create an unsafe work condition even more unsafe and grieve like others've said until you drown 'em in paperwork. Get with a steward if you need help filling the form out-- just show him that pic and explain the situation.... try to keep the fact that you took a picture away from management, though. Not sure about your building but that's pretty frowned upon in mine.

If they wanna play everything by the book, you gotta play from the same one and know it better than them. Beat 'em at their own game, just do your best not to lose your cool like I tend to when they pull stupid shlt on me. Thick skin, brutha, thick skin....

GenericUsername

The dude in the video didn't pivot, instead turning his body and walking. He also put the 7000 in the 5000 shelf, 6000 in the 5000 shelf, and RDL in the RDR spot.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The dude in the video didn't pivot, instead turning his body and walking. He also put the 7000 in the 5000 shelf, 6000 in the 5000 shelf, and RDL in the RDR spot.
In my experience working in different buildings, some package cars have reversed HIN number positions. I'm not sure if that is still the case, but some buildings probably do it that way.

J

jibbs

I like this one, so naive.

That's a manager right? Because he's fukcing terrible at loading.

I'm guessing the preloader loaded those trucks himself, and it took two minutes for the supe' to demonstrate how to load, what? 4 packages?

I know it's a demonstration but Jesus, they do not expect you to move this slow where I'm at. Those particular packages should've taken about 10-15 seconds to load, total-- at least with the pace that I deal with daily.

It's only when you get an overweight and/or irreg that you move this slow... otherwise this dude'd be gone in a week, week and a half if this is how he actually worked.

Yeah, I was kind of curious why dude was putting things on the wrong shelves and floor-designations. I figure the preloader just organized the hell out of the truck and utilized the space available, and it threw the supe' off his game because they're so dedicated to their gosh darn methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jibbs

I love the sound of stuff falling from the top belts due to a jam!

Lol, I hear you on that.

Thing is, with all this new technology and the methods that come with it, if a splitter's got more than a single truck things are getting backed up.

There've been times since the scanning/stamping tech was implemented in my center where we had preloaders pulled from the primary as dedicated splitters-- no trucks, just split the belt so other preloaders can load.

...That actually worked out really well compared to how they're friend*ing the splitters nowadays with two to three trucks a day. Wish they'd turn that into a permanent position, just like recycling missed packages and missorts. Instead, supervisors do it. I figure fuxx it, work as directed and if I'm directed to fail I'll point out the issues and the follow the direction to the letter.

Off-topic, but apparently that's "malicious obedience," lmao. Learned that on this board some time in the past few days, gosh darn ridiculous.

km3

Off-topic, but apparently that's "malicious obedience," lmao. Learned that on this board some time in the past few days, gosh darn ridiculous.

No such thing. They just try to scare you sometimes. It's a load of crap.