Observer

I am in Central States. When we get the guaranteed 8 and they short us -do you still have to remind them to pay you properly? Our hub is known for notorious short pays by certain sups. It's a constant battle.
Also when we have been slow (due to no volume) (weather related) they ask us to go home. So if you agree to go home - do you still not get the guaranteed 8?
Don't ask to ask the sups as they are ones that are notatious for short pays. It gets a little old when it takes them so long to get you paid properly. Last year it took a month after filing a grievance because they just kept putting small amounts toward the shortage on my checks. Also they always want several copies of your hours after you have turned in your times to the sups. Don't ask me to check Time Viewer on UPSers as Central States does not have that set up for us. I have tried several times.
Thanks for your help with this. No kidding around please - this has been a long winter already.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I am in Central States. When we get the guaranteed 8 and they short us -do you still have to remind them to pay you properly? Our hub is known for notorious short pays by certain sups. It's a constant battle.
Also when we have been slow (due to no volume) (weather related) they ask us to go home. So if you agree to go home - do you still not get the guaranteed 8?
Don't ask to ask the sups as they are ones that are notatious for short pays. It gets a little old when it takes them so long to get you paid properly. Last year it took a month after filing a grievance because they just kept putting small amounts toward the shortage on my checks. Also they always want several copies of your hours after you have turned in your times to the sups. Don't ask me to check Time Viewer on UPSers as Central States does not have that set up for us. I have tried several times.
Thanks for your help with this. No kidding around please - this has been a long winter already.
If asked to go home, I would inform them you want your 8. If they still say they don’t have anything, then file. If they asked you to go and you went do you think you deserve 8? Use your seniority to work and not to go home and this won’t be a problem.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Don't ask me to check Time Viewer on UPSers as Central States does not have that set up for us.
I'm in the central and can look up my time on there.
So if you agree to go home - do you still not get the guaranteed 8?
No. Tell them to find something for you to do if you want your 8
Last year it took a month after filing a grievance because they just kept putting small amounts toward the shortage on my checks.
File for penalty pay. Depending on the shortage they have either a day or a week to correct the problem and then penalty pay would apply

Article 17 of the master

"Other
shortages involving more than forty ($40.00) dollars for full-time
employees, and twenty ($20.00) dollars for part-time employees, will
be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employ-
ee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday
after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the pay-
ment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the
shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be
paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily
guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in
which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work