Election Candidate Information

mrbrownstone

I'm interested in voting on the upcoming Teamster election but really don't know who to vote for.

How are you guys deciding? I honestly don't know much about either candidate. I'm not even sure about what their true stances in issues are other then the propaganda I get in the mail which may or may not be true.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One of him has a famous name and four times as much money as the guy hardly anybody knows. I'm not impressed with either one, but its good to change them out from time to time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of him has a famous name and four times as much money as the guy hardly anybody knows. I'm not impressed with either one, but its good to change them out from time to time.

So rather than research the two you are going to vote for change "just for change sake"?

To the OP: You can invest the time and energy to do your due diligence but the blunt truth is that unless you work in a major hub (CACH/Worldport) your vote does not really matter.

I voted for the known entity with the belief that Hoffa will resign after the election and hall will take over.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If only there were forums that discussed issues such as these at great length with back and forth banter from both camps of supporters to the extent of moderation has to be involved.....

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Nothing better than putting a brand new inexperienced team in prior to negotiations for the next UPS contract.

No instead you want a guy who asks "So what do you guys at UPS WANT? Ok sounds good. I will just not count any votes. Your welcome. If you need anything else. I'll be at my winter house in Florida "

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

@scratch is a long term, (higher seniority) employee.

I certainly respect that.

But.... I have to disagree with his opinion of "change them out".

Reason being;

UPS is difficult enough to deal with.

They take advantage of rookies. That's what they want.

Where do you think the monetary funding for TDU.... comes from ?

*Employers, like UPS.*

That has always been the reason, why TDU won't open their books.

-Bug-