Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
How voting works......

the majority of Californians voted for no gay marriages. Some gay judge in San Francisco says, "but that's not fair". So they are making gay marriage OK as of Aug. 18th.

Why do we even bother to vote??????????????????:dissapointed:

klein

Für Meno :)
How voting works......

the majority of Californians voted for no gay marriages. Some gay judge in San Francisco says, "but that's not fair". So they are making gay marriage OK as of Aug. 18th.

That is a typical example where religion and politics mix.
Who says it's not ok to have gay marriages ? The Church and to some part the Bilble they claim.

I can't care less if they get married. Why not ?
I'm sure they love their partner just as much as hetro sexuals do.
And in my opinion have been getting robbed by not having the same tax or medical bennies as wife/hubby relationship has.

Agentina was the last country to allow same sex marriages (making it the 11th country to do so). Holland was the first, and other European countries followed, so did Canada.
I have nothing against it.

It;s their personal freedom, and discrimination against them if we don't allow it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They put the question on the ballot !!! Why bother asking the public if you are going to do whatever the heck you want to do anyway?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Perez Hilton (don't like him) had a video on his site entitled " make 'em marry" so they could be miserable like the rest of us. Got to admit, it was funny!

klein

Well, they did stop those marriages after that vote, didn't they ?
But then they went to court.

And I garantee you the Supreme Court will allow same sex marriages, too.
The game is over. It will be legal across the USA soon.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
and every lawyer in the land is waiting until that day.
More money for divorce decrees. An unlimited new supply of clients.
Think about it ; if more can legally marry, then more will need lawyer's services to end these marriages .

klein

and every lawyer in the land is waiting until that day.
More money for divorce decrees. An unlimited new supply of clients.
Think about it ; if more can legally marry, then more will need lawyer's services to end these marriages .

No doubt about that, a huge winfall for lawyers.
But also wedding planners, hall rentals, the churches that will allow it, catering services, Tuxedo/Wedding dress rentals or makers , and so on. The whole entire wedding industry.

Just ask Upstate again, how much he is paying for his daughter.

A lot of more money going into local economies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klien you missed the point.
What is the number one profession of elected lawmakers ( besides career pols ) ?
Lawyers.

klein

klien you missed the point.
What is the number one profession of elected lawmakers ( besides career pols ) ?
Lawyers.

I can do better then that :
Every single Judge was once a lawyer !
(and probably a likelyhood that some of their children are going down the same carreer path and/or atleast their circle of close friends contain a lot of laywers).

browndevil

How voting works......

Last edited:

browndevil

More, you and I live in the same State and are on opposite sides on this issue. The way I understand the trial to be was about the constitutionality of Prop 8 not overturning the will of the people. We in Ca are ruled by an initiative process. You can put whatever you want on a ballot if you can get enough signatures. If it gets passed the other side can challenge the legality of your initiative which is what the No on 8 side successfully did in front of Judge Walker.

tourists24

Why is it only limited to a two person marriage? Why not allow as many spouses as a person wishes? Who gets to make to 2 rule?

klein

Why is it only limited to a two person marriage? Why not allow as many spouses as a person wishes? Who gets to make to 2 rule?

That's a good point.

But, now that interferes with government and business alike.

Can you imagine UPS paying benefits for your 7 wives, and maybe 20 children ?
Government as well ?

Won't happen. NEVER !
And it shouldn't, or we will all go under !

tourists24

That's a good point.

But, now that interferes with government and business alike.

Can you imagine UPS paying benefits for your 7 wives, and maybe 20 children ?
Government as well ?

Won't happen. NEVER !
And it shouldn't, or we will all go under !
then why expand it to homosexual marriage also? isnt marriage already defined? why only 2? not fair

klein

Maybe, because marriage is still special and sacred. And it should stay that way.
You marry the love of your life (until death do us apart).
There can and is only is that 1 special person in your life possible.
Love in that highest ranking, doesn't require anyone to have more spouses.

It is human impossible to love everyone equally (IMO).

Besides, ain't cheating the number 1 reason for break-ups and divorcing ?
Anybody with a soul and heart knows, you can really only give ultimate love to 1 person.
Marriage is indeed something special.

But, if your by birth or whatever it takes, are gay, well, why can't they have that same right ?

You can't compare having multiple partners in marriage, as 2 people loving eachother basically to death (until death to be correct).