Eligible for seasonal driver? on topic

big b1978

In January of this year I was hired as a permanent part time preloader that is driver eligible. I was hired as driver eligible since I was a Seasonal Driver during the 2015 Peak season and had already completed driver school. I have driven air on several occasions since being hired as a pt preloader and have even went out on car with a supervisor as a regular driver when the regular drivers were unavailable.
I know that in order to be hired as a seasonal driver you can not have any driving infractions or accidents.

I got a speeding ticket in July of this year and I was wondering if this would still prevent me from Seasonal Driving this Peak since I am already driver eligible?

I realize that for the full time drivers a speeding ticket after they are a driver doesn't keep them from driving, they just report it to management each january, but I don't know how it works if you are not full time and only driver eligible (air driver/cover driver).

Since I'm already an employee who has been through driving school and was hired as driver eligible and has driven in the past year....am i subject to the same zero tolerance policy as a new hire would be or am I ok for seasonal driving and I will just have to report the ticket in january like the other drivers?

tadpole

As long as you are not bidding into a different job that says you must not have infractions, you are fine.

I've never heard of a preloader changing their job into becoming a seasonal driver. Seasonal drivers make less money and are fired after peak.

Your center team should be able to use you as a utility driver as they see fit, since they already have been doing so. That would pretty much let you drive through peak.

Hope this answers your question.

PT Car Washer

As long as you are not bidding into a different job that says you must not have infractions, you are fine.

I've never heard of a preloader changing their job into becoming a seasonal driver. Seasonal drivers make less money and are fired after peak.

Your center team should be able to use you as a utility driver as they see fit, since they already have been doing so. That would pretty much let you drive through peak.

Hope this answers your question.
We have had preloaders work seasonal driving spots before. Just go back to the preload after the season is over. Sounds to me like this preloader is a Saturday air driver also who went out on route with a sup when there was a staffing issue. Did UPS pay you top driver rate for that day?

big b1978

We have to sign up for seasonal driver on an extra work sheet and above where we signed, was the job description which also listed the qualifications including the no infractions or accidents stipulation. I just didn't know if I was immune to that since I am already technically an air/cover driver? Basically I guess I'm asking if they will even bother to check my driving record etc for the seasonal position like they would a new hire since I am already driver eligible, have my dot physical etc...?

I make way more money as a seasonal driver than I do as a preloader $6+ an hour and i get about 35 more hours a week as a seasonal driver vs preloader. After Peak is over, I slide right back into my preloader position.

That is what i thought until I saw the "Qualifications" on the sign up sheet.

big b1978

We have had preloaders work seasonal driving spots before. Just go back to the preload after the season is over. Sounds to me like this preloader is a Saturday air driver also who went out on route with a sup when there was a staffing issue. Did UPS pay you top driver rate for that day?
I was paid the starting driver wage for the days I went out with a sup instead of the lower air driver wage

big b1978

We have to sign up for seasonal driver on an extra work sheet and above where we signed, was the job description which also listed the qualifications including the no infractions or accidents stipulation. I just didn't know if I was immune to that since I am already technically an air/cover driver? Basically I guess I'm asking if they will even bother to check my driving record etc for the seasonal position like they would a new hire since I am already driver eligible, have my dot physical etc...?

tadpole

I think they are looking to qualify more drivers out of the preload for utility driving. And you're already qualified.
But I could be wrong.

In any case, never lie about or try to hide a ticket. They will find out, and you will lose your job.

I was a qualified-to-drive preloader and the on car sups would always ask me if I wanted to drive that day. They could also have me drive instead of preload, when they were desperate.

I meant to say seasonal drivers make like 18 bucks/hour here, while utility drivers make like $26.