Elijay, Ga. satellite Center

satellitedriver

I know this isnt really the question but if hes getting a ton of jerky a week in one shipment why doesnt he freight/cargo it?
Big trucks can not get down his private road and there is no turn around space when you get there.
Just a winding single path road, through the woods.
Major pain.

I know this isnt really the question but if hes getting a ton of jerky a week in one shipment why doesnt he freight/cargo it?

I have a jerky guy that uses UPS because he had too much theft using a trucking co. Aint so bad only about 120 to 200 boxes when they come.

satellitedriver

I have a jerky guy that uses UPS because he had too much theft using a trucking co. Aint so bad only about 120 to 200 boxes when they come.
You are right.
I should not complain, most drivers have a "jerky" man on their route, in one form or another.
Ain't so bad, compared to having to duck and cover, running an urban route with gunshots going off in "the community".
I will stick with being in "the sticks" and dealing with jerks.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
You are right.
I should not complain, most drivers have a "jerky" man on their route, in one form or another.
Ain't so bad, compared to having to duck and cover, running an urban route with gunshots going off in "the community".
I will stick with being in "the sticks" and dealing with jerks.

"Duck & cover" The only times I was greeeted with a loaded firearm were out in the country! 1st time was a guy in a car that pulled up along side me with a handgun when I stopped for a delivery and thought I was the driver from the next center that had been servicing the guys wife or girl friend. A couple of months later while covering another trip 90 miles away I was looking down the barrel of a 22 rifle when I stepped onto the porch!
The guy claimed he was shooting groundhogs.

LOL, one peek season I was delivering a country route in a rental truck(around 9pm). As I got to the house for the delivery, the owner stepped out on the porch with a double-row. The second I opened the door, I yelled out UPS...UPS as loud as I could. When he came to the truck he told me that a couple of farm houses in the area had been cleaned out recently. That's the only time I ever handed a package to someone holding a shotgun.

drewed

Shankman
LOL, one peek season I was delivering a country route in a rental truck(around 9pm). As I got to the house for the delivery, the owner stepped out on the porch with a double-row. The second I opened the door, I yelled out UPS...UPS as loud as I could. When he came to the truck he told me that a couple of farm houses in the area had been cleaned out recently. That's the only time I ever handed a package to someone holding a shotgun.
Wow, so I guess its not just the inner city routes where you have to worry about being shot