EMail from Mr Abney

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Sanitize it yourself on the clock. Problem solved. Quit waiting for someone else to solve your issues.

So the truck washers shouldn't so their jobs? Last I checked I get paid to deliver packages not wash trucks but hey if you're a real go getter come sanitize it for me. Company appreciates you.

OKLABob

Dude I took a Clorox wipe down the one of our main hand rails today and it was black they haven’t cleaned a thing. Our restrooms are beyond disgusting I only use them if I absolutely have to it’s honestly embarrassing that someone is getting paid to “clean” the restrooms.

JustDeliverIt

Right now everyone seems to be behind these measures talking about safety.

I'm curious how long there will be support for this. I'm thinking a month without pay and people are going to start changing their minds.

I agree. People started grumbling where I am, didn't even have a case registered in the county. Now they are starting to pop up with regularity.

For now, people here will be ok in the name of safety and protecting loved ones. And there are enough people freaking out buying all the toilet paper up, feeding into everything. But once they don't get paid for a while and the bills pile up, tunes will change.

Everyone just needs to be vigilant for themselves and their families. Practice good hygiene, if your sick stay home. Hopefully it ends sooner than later.

35years

Gravy route
COVID-19 is having a dramatic impact on our lives, businesses, and on supply chains.

I want to share an update on what UPS is doing to keep our customers and our people safe while continuing to deliver around the world.

UPS is following the guidance of global health experts at the World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are reminding our employees about frequent hand washing, and we are regularly cleaning and disinfecting our facilities and equipment. Importantly, we are asking that our drivers, pilots, and other employees stay home from work if they feel sick.

Many people are asking the same question: is it safe to receive and handle a shipment? The WHO and CDC have stated that the likelihood of catching the COVID-19 virus by touching cardboard or other another shipping container is low.

From the outset, UPS has maintained delivery services except where limited by government restrictions. We have also worked in partnership with governments around the world to obtain exceptions that allow our shipments to continue in restricted areas.

UPS has long been a trusted partner in communities around the world. As with other global humanitarian crisis events, we are helping with relief related to COVID-19 and will continue to seek opportunities to assist our communities in need.

As this situation is evolving rapidly, we have created a web page with information on how UPS is responding to COVID-19 and tools you can use during this time.

UPS’s network planning and operations teams are experienced with adapting to changing conditions, and are developing contingency plans to address potential sources of disruption in our air and ground networks.

Our teams are working to continue to serve the supply chain needs of businesses during this time, while keeping our employees and customers safe.

Thank you for trusting us with your business.
signature-DavidAbney.jpg

David Abney
Chairman and CEO
UPS

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Hahaha I asked them to bleach or at least sanitize my truck after 2 of my pickups had people go get tested and ultimately quarantined. You would have thought I'd reached out and slapped their mother. 3 phone calls asking me why I needed this done and guess what??? Still wasn't done last night as it should have been.
No one cares at work, this should be a wake up call for most drivers that ups is done with career people. In 2022 no more pension for those new hires.

Heavy Package

We will all be fine inside the hubs. The 100 years of bacteria on the walls, floors, and ceiling will kill the virus upon contact. UPS is thinking about having the public come and shelter in place inside our hub for safety. Because, as you know, UPS is the leader in safety.

UPSER1987

So the truck washers shouldn't so their jobs? Last I checked I get paid to deliver packages not wash trucks but hey if you're a real go getter come sanitize it for me. Company appreciates you.

Well if you’re drawing job responsibility lines, I guess it isn’t that important for you to make safety your responsibility. Quit whining here...no one here cares either.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We will all be fine inside the hubs. The 100 years of bacteria on the walls, floors, and ceiling will kill the virus upon contact. UPS is thinking about having the public come and shelter in place inside our hub for safety. Because, as you know, UPS is the leader in safety.

Funny..I was thinking the same thing..(the big fish eating the little fish concept) with the germ food chain..

ManInBrown

Why do you call a part-time UPS employee a "part-timer" like it's a derogatory term? Do you realize that most of these workers run a business or have 2 or 3 other jobs, and FAMILIES. They're out of bed and running every morning just to make your day better and you want to talk down on your co-workers like this? I've personally heard numerous full-time workers say they were voting Yes on the contract and I know for a fact that most part-time workers voted but unfortunately many of the newer hires voted Yes because management lied to them and said they wouldn't get a raise if they didn't vote Yes. Do yourself a favor, Einstein, and actually know what you're talking about.
Really? They do all that but couldn’t be bothered to vote on the contract? Call it like I see it.

542thruNthru

Really? They do all that but couldn’t be bothered to vote on the contract? Call it like I see it.

Oh so you know the break down between FT and PT for voting?

Can you please share that with us.... or is that just your opinion because every FTer told you they voted and you believed them.