EMail from Mr Abney

over9five

Staff member
Just got it today. It describes what UPS is doing to keep our customers and our people safe.
I'm a little bothered that the only thing they're doing is basically reminding people to wash their hands.
He also says they are "regularly cleaning and disinfecting our facilities and equipment."
Is that true?

Thoughts, please.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just got it today. It describes what UPS is doing to keep our customers and our people safe.
I'm a little bothered that the only thing they're doing is basically reminding people to wash their hands.
He also says they are "regularly cleaning and disinfecting our facilities and equipment."
Is that true?

Thoughts, please.

It is probably easier for a guy like him that has an office washroom.

Indecisi0n

Is that true?

Thoughts, please.
A worker took a dump yesterday and left the bathroom without washing his hands.

JustDeliverIt

Is that true?

Thoughts, please.

Inside our building, they have a floor scrubber like a zamboni for ice rinks. Only seen it used if they are trying to polish the turd if "someone big" is coming in. They do a minimal job to do daily cleaning of the restrooms.

Package cars, tractors and trailers are screwed to. They going to give us a wipe to clean the steering wheel and shifter? Wipe down the board? Don't see them spraying equipment or buildings or hiring local companies to clean things like schools and governments are doing locally.

They are going to tell employees not to interact with anyone unnecessarily and hope for the best.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had to file a grievance recently just to get them to replace toilet paper in the bathrooms. Pretty much anything would be an improvement.

ManInBrown

Hold on one second so these A holes are going to provide assistance and they are doing nothing to ensure employees don’t catch it? How hard would it be to have a medical professional standing at the entrance taking anyone’s temperature. Over 99.8 you’re sent home?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Inside our building, they have a floor scrubber like a zamboni for ice rinks. Only seen it used if they are trying to polish the turd if "someone big" is coming in. They do a minimal job to do daily cleaning of the restrooms.

Package cars, tractors and trailers are screwed to. They going to give us a wipe to clean the steering wheel and shifter? Wipe down the board? Don't see them spraying equipment or buildings or hiring local companies to clean things like schools and governments are doing locally.

They are going to tell employees not to interact with anyone unnecessarily and hope for the best.
I'm surprised they never had the broken hubrats wipe down the stuff

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I for one am grateful to have a job that isn't being forced to shutdown by the government.

Lots of people are gonna be going into debt, losing their homes, etc. To avoid being put out on the street many will take from their retirement at the worst possible time, a down market.

When this is all over, lots of people are gonna be unemployed because their company went under.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I for one am grateful to have a job that isn't being forced to shutdown by the government.

Lots of people are gonna be going into debt, losing their homes, etc. To avoid being put out on the street many will take from their retirement at the worst possible time, a down market.

When this is all over, lots of people are gonna be unemployed because their company went under.
Bingo!

Bob11B

Hold on one second so these A holes are going to provide assistance and they are doing nothing to ensure employees don’t catch it? How hard would it be to have a medical professional standing at the entrance taking anyone’s temperature. Over 99.8 you’re sent home?
Aren’t we all adults? Take tour own temperature and call in sick if you have a fever.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

ain’t nobody got time for that

beside’s that cost’s money

542thruNthru

I have to agree. I'm grateful that me and my wife are still able to be paid during this. I'm sure soon all of CA will be shelter in place but we will still be making a living while many others will be struggling.

I hope this is over soon for the people that need to work.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Is that true?
go check out the ups bathrooms
Thoughts, please.

ManInBrown

Aren’t we all adults? Take tour own temperature and call in sick if you have a fever.
You’re not to smart are ya? I’m not worried about my temperature being taken. I’m worried about the 95% of part timers that don’t even know what a thermometer is. The same part timers that don’t even bother to vote, that were the reason a horrible contract got shoved right up our :censored2: