Emergency paid leave

rp3

I was forced to quarantine along with 6 other drivers last month for 10 days the 19th will be a month still no pay only one driver had covid. Completed all the paperwork! Anyone else having problems getting paid!

542thruNthru

I was forced to quarantine along with 6 other drivers last month for 10 days the 19th will be a month still no pay only one driver had covid. Completed all the paperwork! Anyone else having problems getting paid!
Yes. A few driver's here are still waiting. Keep bugging them and also try and get your BA involved.

UPS is just hoping you'll give up.

rp3

He's involved supposed to let us know something tomorrow! Still crap forced off ups won't pay. Go figure

AKCoverMan

Had three members in my building go thru this. All threethe covid leave office took couple weeks to respond and always needed more info after initial filing, then more waiting. But in the end all three were approved , two have been paid last one just got approval so expect to see payout next Friday, Got feeling it’s like so much at ups, they (covid leave department) are understaffed and overwhelmed. But they are plowing thru it slowly.

SameRightsForAll

Had three members in my building go thru this. All threethe covid leave office took couple weeks to respond and always needed more info after initial filing, then more waiting. But in the end all three were approved , two have been paid last one just got approval so expect to see payout next Friday, Got feeling it’s like so much at ups, they (covid leave department) are understaffed and overwhelmed. But they are plowing thru it slowly.

I think you're giving this "Covid Department" too much credit. If the doctor's letter was included in the application and it clearly states your name and that you're quarantined for X number of days, and you were told not to go to work either by the doctor or UPS or both, it should be a no-brainer. So much for this closed-door agreement between the Teamsters and UPS. I think there should be a penalty bonus for any unreasonable delay.

AKCoverMan

I think you're giving this "Covid Department" too much credit. If the doctor's letter was included in the application and it clearly states your name and that you're quarantined for X number of days, and you were told not to go to work either by the doctor or UPS or both, it should be a no-brainer. So much for this closed-door agreement between the Teamsters and UPS. I think there should be a penalty bonus for any unreasonable delay.

No, all three cases were approved, and should have been by the agreement set out. But keep in mind this is 80 hours of pay totally outside the contract. The administration of this special leave had to be thrown together during the pandemic mess. So yeah, I’m not going to sweat the fact that it took a couple of weeks. I think under the circumstances they are doing ok.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Article 17 of the National Master:

Other shortages involving more than fifty ($50.00) dollars for fulltime employees, and twenty-five ($25.00) dollars for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.

In light of this compensation being agreed to by the Company and the IBT in an MOU, why would the aforementioned language not apply after the employee properly submits the appropriate forms and is not paid in a timely manner?

DRporch

Article 17 of the National Master:

Other shortages involving more than fifty ($50.00) dollars for fulltime employees, and twenty-five ($25.00) dollars for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.

In light of this compensation being agreed to by the Company and the IBT in an MOU, why would the aforementioned language not apply after the employee properly submits the appropriate forms and is not paid in a timely manner?
I would think because it’s not a shortage as you aren’t guaranteed it. When I did mine my BA said there isn’t much he can really do because it’s not something the union can handle. I did mine in March so it was extremely new. But took 2 months to get paid. Even my management team had no pull or help it was awful that HRSC was awful

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If I had to guess....

It wasn't discussed during the MOU negotiations ?