Employees often mistakenly believe that they must become formal members of the union

SMCRDFCL

Re: Employees often mistakenly believe that they must become formal members of the un

Only an officer of the Union can present a grievance, Bargaining unit witnesses are only that. A witness to report facts to the elected Union representation. You my friend are a SCAB with delusions of grandeur. nothing more. But good luck to you!!

If THE UNION fails to represent ALL employees equally, whether in a right to work state or not, then the following will occur:

"National Labor Relations Board Act Sec. 9 [§ 159.] (a) [Exclusive representatives; employees' adjustment of grievances directly with employer] Representatives designated or selected for the purposes of collective bargaining by the majority of the employees in a unit appropriate for such purposes, shall be the exclusive representatives of all the employees in such unit for the purposes of collective bargaining in respect to rates of pay, wages, hours of employment, or other conditions of employment: Provided, That any individual employee or a group of employees shall have the right at any time to present grievances to their employer and to have such grievances adjusted, without the intervention of the bargaining representative, as long as the adjustment is not inconsistent with the terms of a collective- bargaining contract or agreement then in effect: Provided further, That the bargaining representative has been given opportunity to be present at such adjustment. http://www.nlrb.gov/about_us/overview/national_labor_relations_act.aspx

Do some research steward and change brands of 'cool aid'...

SMCRDFCL

Re: Employees often mistakenly believe that they must become formal members of the un

well mr. know it all,just go ahead and represent yourself,im sure you alone will bring down the brotherhood with your masterful rebellion.i have seen your type and they mouth out all the wrongs and shortcomings yet never try to step up and fix what they feelis broken.and btw my i am a 3rd generation teamster and i dont cry about what i feel is wrong i voice my opinions to the officials and work with them to better the TEAM.i would go so far as to say you speak out both sides of you pie hole.your a nothing new though,i have 27 years in and have seen your type and they are the laughing stock of the management and the brotherhood,so please tellus what all-else you can doon your own.

Obtuse fools do not get it. THE UNION is not supporting THE CONTRACT. There is a dance UPSGF and THE UNION is doing...who is leading? WE are paying for the dance with dues, our money and job losses. I support THE CONTRACT and am tired of the 'fox trotting' dance at my expense. Cut the water off and the dance may stop. WE the members hired THE UNION to work for US and not dance with BIG BROWN. Therefore, you are a brain washed third generation Union people who thinks that the Union can only settle issues.
They were given a chance and chose not to address serious issues. How many more grievance panels, trips, golf games with management and so on do we need to only end up with a deadlock of Art. 43 and 44 before it is put to some settlement-win or loose-fish or cut bait.
Members are out of work, loosing their homes, credit ratings and so on. Maybe that does not affect you yet, but "the closer the layoff and loss of work gets to some, the more active they become". Spend a little more time thinking things out, including your poorly formatted and juvenile emails... You are part of the problem with the current Teamsters Union-blind, mind dead, numbed down investor in what.

"WHAT CAN THE BROWN UNION DO TO YOU"

“The closer the layoff and loss of work gets to some, the more active they become.”

Last edited:

bigblu 2 you

Obtuse fools do not get it. THE UNION is not supporting THE CONTRACT. There is a dance UPSGF and THE UNION is doing...who is leading? WE are paying for the dance with dues, our money and job losses. I support THE CONTRACT and am tired of the 'fox trotting' dance at my expense. Cut the water off and the dance may stop. WE the members hired THE UNION to work for US and not dance with BIG BROWN. Therefore, you are a brain washed third generation Union people who thinks that the Union can only settle issues.
They were given a chance and chose not to address serious issues. How many more grievance panels, trips, golf games with management and so on do we need to only end up with a deadlock of Art. 43 and 44 before it is put to some settlement-win or loose-fish or cut bait.
Members are out of work, loosing their homes, credit ratings and so on. Maybe that does not affect you yet, but "the closer the layoff and loss of work gets to some, the more active they become". Spend a little more time thinking things out, including your poorly formatted and juvenile emails... You are part of the problem with the current Teamsters Union-blind, mind dead, numbed down investor in what.

“The closer the layoff and loss of work gets to some, the more active they become.”
so with all this said ,what are your plans to right the wrongs?i guess representing yourself at grievance hearings will teach the teamsters a lesson.

jimstud

Banned

if you have a problem with the way the union is run why not run for office and change it ? by getting members to quit all you do is weaken the union and make it easier to bust. without the union where would we be ? i don't want to make what fedex makes and have their benefit package. so instead of trying to weaken the union why not try and make it stronger.

bigblu 2 you

if you have a problem with the way the union is run why not run for office and change it ? by getting members to quit all you do is weaken the union and make it easier to bust. without the union where would we be ? i don't want to make what fedex makes and have their benefit package. so instead of trying to weaken the union why not try and make it stronger.
agreed +1, that guy needs to be making nike shoes in an aisian factory or greeting people at walmarts entrance,that way the union couldnt do him soooooo baaaaad!

jimstud

Banned

agreed +1, that guy needs to be making nike shoes in an aisian factory or greeting people at walmarts entrance,that way the union couldnt do him soooooo baaaaad!

no all he has to do is talk to the local fedex driver who works 4 hours has to take a 3 hour break and then work 4 hours again for about 7 dollars an hour less in pay and thousands less in health insurance and pension.

SMCRDFCL

Tweaking minds rather than indoctrination is a great goal.

SMCRDFCL

"Accordingly, there is a critical distinction between voluntary, formal membership in a labor organization and "financial core fee" payor or "agency fee" payor status: voluntary union members are subject to internal union discipline and fines, while nonmembers (e.g., "financial core payers" or "agency fee payers") are not."
I pay a fee to the local and the IBI for their 'service'. I support the contract [because I am party to the contract as a employee of UPSGF]. I file my own complaints with management, within the boundaries of THE CONTRACT, I give the local union the opportunity, if they are too busy to attend-that is their problem, to be at these initial complaint meetings and then I take the complaint to a local court for redress in front of that adjudication body.

If it is a wage claim, it usually goes into 'small claims court', and if sustained it goes to a request for ‘writ of execution’ and then a lien on local UPGF COMPANIES assets and additionally to the State Department of Labor as a complaint for non-payment of wages. The process also works for other contractual violations of UPSGF.
THE UNION reserves the right to process, defend, modify and accept THE COMPANY’S process. I choose, with in the Law, another vehicle of redress and what to accept through my complaint process with THE COMPANY.
What do you not understand?

bigblu 2 you

"Accordingly, there is a critical distinction between voluntary, formal membership in a labor organization and "financial core fee" payor or "agency fee" payor status: voluntary union members are subject to internal union discipline and fines, while nonmembers (e.g., "financial core payers" or "agency fee payers") are not."
I pay a fee to the local and the IBI for their 'service'. I support the contract [because I am party to the contract as a employee of UPSGF]. I file my own complaints with management, within the boundaries of THE CONTRACT, I give the local union the opportunity, if they are too busy to attend-that is their problem, to be at these initial complaint meetings and then I take the complaint to a local court for redress in front of that adjudication body.

If it is a wage claim, it usually goes into 'small claims court', and if sustained it goes to a request for ‘writ of execution’ and then a lien on local UPGF COMPANIES assets and additionally to the State Department of Labor as a complaint for non-payment of wages. The process also works for other contractual violations of UPSGF.
THE UNION reserves the right to process, defend, modify and accept THE COMPANY’S process. I choose, with in the Law, another vehicle of redress and what to accept through my complaint process with THE COMPANY.
What do you not understand?
BRILLIANT,,,,,,why are you working for ups,you need to be running the company,better yet the united states government.

bigblu 2 you

What does S M C R D friend C L stand for?
its latin for im a scab taking advantage of a union job while pretending to be at odds with the union while making 29.99 an hour and thinking i can represent myself against large corporations and still reap the benifits of the union i bad mouth.........just kiddin......not really....

SMCRDFCL

its latin for im a scab taking advantage of a union job while pretending to be at odds with the union while making 29.99 an hour and thinking i can represent myself against large corporations and still reap the benifits of the union i bad mouth.........just kiddin......not really....

When you weak of mind cannot debate, the facts just resort to childish name-calling. How is that Article 43 and 44 issue working out for you? Maybe you are a HOG BOARD HIGH ARCH and if so have you checked to see how those below you lofty arrogant perch are doing. How many days did you take off so Joe, Jack or John the Brother can work and support their family? Have you taken over a bag of groceries to a Brother lately? Seniority is akin to stupidity if you do not understand that all the members need to prosper and not just a few of little knowledge and actual experience-but alas ‘Seniority, I mean STUPIDITY, Prevails’. Seniority is all some have going for them.
How many deadlocks and other dance moves, by both parties to the contract, have we suffered. Our agents, who we pay to represent us, should have shut the company down immediately when they started that little fox trot. I am tired of paying for that dance with no real union representation and willing to pay the yearly fees for the blessing of working for THE BIG DOG AND PONY BROWN SHOW.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

If THE UNION fails to represent ALL employees equally, whether in a right to work state or not, then the following will occur:

"National Labor Relations Board Act Sec. 9 [§ 159.] (a) [Exclusive representatives; employees' adjustment of grievances directly with employer] Representatives designated or selected for the purposes of collective bargaining by the majority of the employees in a unit appropriate for such purposes, shall be the exclusive representatives of all the employees in such unit for the purposes of collective bargaining in respect to rates of pay, wages, hours of employment, or other conditions of employment: Provided, That any individual employee or a group of employees shall have the right at any time to present grievances to their employer and to have such grievances adjusted, without the intervention of the bargaining representative, as long as the adjustment is not inconsistent with the terms of a collective- bargaining contract or agreement then in effect: Provided further, That the bargaining representative has been given opportunity to be present at such adjustment. http://www.nlrb.gov/about_us/overview/national_labor_relations_act.aspx

Do some research steward and change brands of 'cool aid'...

I do not need to do any research, you proved my point. Thanks. Article 7 last paragraph.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Local Union definition of a scab: Anyone working in a Union shop and not paying dues!!!

I don't need a dictionary,I live in the real world where the only book that matters is the contract book.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Local Union definition of a scab: Anyone working in a Union shop and not paying dues!!!

I don't need a dictionary,I live in the real world where the only book that matters is the contract book.

Some may argue that you should include the Bible in your list of books that matter.

Nimnim

The Nim

Some may argue that you should include the Bible in your list of books that matter.

I'm a personal proponent of The Alphabet of Manliness being a book that matters.

Anyways, something a bit more on topic. Being a right to work state I wasn't pressured to join the union, and for my first year I didn't join. As soon as I filed my first grievance I also handed in my application to join the union as well. I figure, once I start using the union I should assist them. Though sometimes I wonder what the union actually does, when it seems like they're not doing anything at all.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The Scab:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.

Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commision in the british army.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

Author --- Jack London (1876-1916)
[/FONT]