Energy

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Probably need Dr Porkenhiemers Boner Juice.
Side effects that have been reported are, but not limited to blindness, hairy palms, excess sweating, sore muscles and tendons, inability to walk, dizziness, shortness of breath, and possiable death. Consult you doctor if you have an erection lasting longer than 4 hrs as this may be a sign of a serious allergic reaction. See your doctor before starting Dr Porkenhiemers Boner Juice to see if it's right for you.

Side effects that have been reported are, but not limited to blindness, hairy palms, excess sweating, sore muscles and tendons, inability to walk, dizziness, shortness of breath, and possiable death. Consult you doctor if you have an erection lasting longer than 4 hrs as this may be a sign of a serious allergic reaction. See your doctor before starting Dr Porkenhiemers Boner Juice to see if it's right for you.
I hope I never need a pill to get a boner

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I hope I never need a pill to get a boner
Could be worse, some people get penile implants

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Never skip breakfast. Ever. Even if it's just a protein shake. The best thing you can do is eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a knight, and dinner like a pauper. Just don't eat super heavy foods that'll leave you in insulin shock. That's usually what's happening when you eat a heavy meal and crash right after. Eat smart throughout the week and reward yourself on the weekends. Don't eat just before bed. Your body isn't resting, it's digesting. I find that B Vitamins and green tea do a good job during the midday slump.

Indecisi0n

Never skip breakfast. Ever. Even if it's just a protein shake. The best thing you can do is eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a knight, and dinner like a pauper. Just don't eat super heavy foods that'll leave you in insulin shock. That's usually what's happening when you eat a heavy meal and crash right after. Eat smart throughout the week and reward yourself on the weekends. Don't eat just before bed. Your body isn't resting, it's digesting. I find that B Vitamins and green tea do a good job during the midday slump.

When I get home at 9:30pm when am I suppose to eat dinner and sleep?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
When I get home at 9:30pm when am I suppose to eat dinner and sleep?

Hopefully during your second lunch period if you get the option...lol...I've worked lots of 12 hour days in the past. I just make sure I have snacks with me in my backpack or lunch box. Cheese sticks, various veggies, beef jerky, peanut butter, crackers, granola...whatever it happens to be that day. Keeps me from binge eating while work continues to etch away at my soul.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yep!

Endurance, endurance and endurance.

To the OP, you just started driving? What was your last job inside, if any, within building? Driving is very hands on with a lot of endurance. Picture playing a professional sport ok. Playing the sport is the easy part, but the training for it is the hard part. If you were not walking as much or lifting as much in your pervious job, then this will be common problem until your body adjust to the work load.

I like the comments made here, most of these drivers here are always looking to make their job easier. That is pushing past the physical aspects by doing other physical activites on the side. I know one driver here that is a marathon runner on his vacations, and trains often on the weekends. Hes in his upper 50's and rides a bike to work and rocks a body like a 20 something. One of the best drivers in the building. Its almost like he uses the driving job as more training. And is always smiling no matter the load amount or quality.

I wasn't super active prior to starting to drive. I was a part time inside employee (sorter in the sort aisle & train driver on the night shift). During the day I had a desk job. I've been driving coming up on a month & am used to it now. I'm scratching everyday now so I'm used to the pace. I just have some days where I lose energy so was looking for cheap sources of energy. Good stuff in this thread.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

From a PCM: Two bananas can power a 90-min workout.

I am/was an avid Monster drinker; sometimes drank four in one day (thank goodness I apparently don't have any "underlying conditions" that would react badly to the stuff). Eating bananas before the more intense parts of my day (residential deliveries) led me to almost eliminate Monster from my day. I still drink an occasional can, but mainly because I really want one.

Oh, if you have a BT headset that can stream music, get Pandora, Rhapsody, etc and set it to the "House" or "Drum n Bass" stations. Good stuff!

Last edited:

Over 70

LOL at not eating breakfast...I usually do a 4 egg loaded omelet with a quarter stick of butter on toast. Gets me through until noon to 1 then I'm hungry.

No energy problems if I lay off the booze the night before. I eat pretty natural and healthy. No chips/processed junk. Cooking is my biggest hobby.

Just water, coffee, and beer for drinks. I routinely skip coffee in the morning without ill effects but have some more than not because I enjoy the taste. Pop is one of the worst things you could put in your body.

Energy drinks are for suckers. JMHO

Last edited:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Since my schedule is so screwed up covering feeders I sometimes need a jolt. I like 5 Hour Energy but don't drink the entire bottle, I will sip it 4-5 times before it's empty. Nice and smooth no crash.

For the money caffeine pills are the best. A 5 hour energy has roughly 200mg of caffeine which is the same amount my caffeine pills have. They do make me crash so next time I purchase them I'll try to find a lower dosage. I rarely take them cause they make me have to pee all night long.

I don't drink coffee or soda so maybe that's why a little caffeine goes a long way with me. Plus I only take a pill or drink a 5 hour energy once or twice a week.