Enjoy the new raise today guys

Notretiredyet

I put 22% in 401k, 10% in Roth usually max the Roth by Sept and the 401 by Nov. Still bring home $700+ week no problem and come the holidays I have extra money when they max out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Damn I took off. No raise for me today. As was stated though I've already made the adjustments to put it in my 401k. I haven't seen a raise in my final paycheck since I hit full scale.

working up a sweat

The PTers that started after last contract in 2008 don't get the raise. You got to have 5 years in to get the raise. They are still on .50 cent a year progression.

Brownslave688

No raise here---all of our split raises for this contract being diverted to pension.

25% to 401k.

That sucks. So the company is forced to pump more money into a fund that's mismanaged and under funded. I'd prefer to see that money in my paycheck where I would have some Actual control over where it went.

brownboxman

Always impressed with people quick to post how much they save. It is a good thing. To save. But it seems some just are a bit too eager to share in their fortune.

Ms.PacMan

Always impressed with people quick to post how much they save. It is a good thing. To save. But it seems some just are a bit too eager to share in their fortune.

Don't look at it that way. It's nice to find other people who like the financial aspects of life, other than spending. If a guy shows off his new truck, he gets all kinds of pats on the back and everyone wants to hear all about it. Oh, went on a vacation, tell me all about it. Hubby buys you some bling - girl, that's so pretty. Everyone's happy for these people and their stuff.

Tell someone you've been putting money in the bank and they think your bragging.

Doesn't make sense.

Dow over....14,000!!!!! :wootsmiley:

brownboxman

Don't look at it that way. It's nice to find other people who like the financial aspects of life, other than spending. If a guy shows off his new truck, he gets all kinds of pats on the back and everyone wants to hear all about it. Oh, went on a vacation, tell me all about it. Hubby buys you some bling - girl, that's so pretty. Everyone's happy for these people and their stuff.

Tell someone you've been putting money in the bank and they think your bragging.

Doesn't make sense.

Dow over....14,000!!!!! :wootsmiley:
. Yes I too save , but I don't go into details to impress, I think it's plenty good to just say ,I save

Brownslave688

Actually I think part of our financial crisis is the unwillingness of past generations to talk openly about money. When you have 18-25 year old forming their own opinions about money. With no parental guidance it's a disaster waiting to happen.

I speak very openly about my income and my debts. If someone doesn't it like it it's usually cause their jealous. My response is go make more money then.

Do I wish I made 500k a year yeah sure I do but I'm also not willing to take the risk most of those people did to begin with. More power to them.