Enjoying That Raise?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm getting a lot of information that many stations have cut-back full-timers to less than 40 hours per week and have continued to hire numerous part-timers as fast as they can come in, work a month, and then quit.

This is classic Weasel behavior, as in Fred never gives anything without taking at least an equal amount back. One courier I talked with today said he was down an average of 18 hours per week, and wasn't even getting 40, so he has lost considerably, even though his station was brought up to the market level of the surrounding stations and got a raise.

If anyone complains, FedEx will immediately point out all that they did for him, and label him as a "bad attitude" employee. This guy was pure Purple, and now he's very angry and wants a union. Good luck with that.

The Weasel giveth nothing that he cannot taketh away.

vantexan

I'm getting a lot of information that many stations have cut-back full-timers to less than 40 hours per week and have continued to hire numerous part-timers as fast as they can come in, work a month, and then quit.

This is classic Weasel behavior, as in Fred never gives anything without taking at least an equal amount back. One courier I talked with today said he was down an average of 18 hours per week, and wasn't even getting 40, so he has lost considerably, even though his station was brought up to the market level of the surrounding stations and got a raise.

If anyone complains, FedEx will immediately point out all that they did for him, and label him as a "bad attitude" employee. This guy was pure Purple, and now he's very angry and wants a union. Good luck with that.

The Weasel giveth nothing that he cannot taketh away.
So have they actually given some stations a market level increase?

McFeely

Huge Member
One of the managers at my station was confused why the pay question was scored so lowly on the SFA this year, even after a 6% raise.

He didn't like the answer I gave him, "well, we all got raises but now nobody is getting any hours. And forget about overtime"

bacha29

Nothing about that company ever changes. Give you a small economic gain in one area, take it back some place else. That deceptive practice has been in place for years and will likely get worse as time goes by. Denial 59 , oops I mean Dano 59 will continue to of course deny that this practice exists and is growing.

Star B

White Lightening
35 hour a week minimums. If I'm only worked 18 hours, they will pay for 17 more unless I meet one of the minimum-invalidation criteria.

Star B

White Lightening
oh, i see. MFE didn't specifiy if that Courier in his original rant was PT or FT. there were inklings of "he's FT" in there though.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
oh, i see. MFE didn't specifiy if that Courier in his original rant was PT or FT. there were inklings of "he's FT" in there though.

He's FT. Do you really think Fred is going to set up something that allows minimums? What we're talking about here is basically the elimination of many FT positions by conversion to PT. If you don't like it, you can bid on a FT job somewhere else, but there won't be many.

Conversion into an AM PT/PM PT workforce.

vantexan

He's FT. Do you really think Fred is going to set up something that allows minimums? What we're talking about here is basically the elimination of many FT positions by conversion to PT. If you don't like it, you can bid on a FT job somewhere else, but there won't be many.

Conversion into an AM PT/PM PT workforce.
But only in stations where their window allows that.

Last edited:

vantexan

Yes, but then the hours mysteriously get cut.
A former station's DM informed them of a market increase about 6 weeks ago but nothing has happened yet. We've heard absolutely nothing about it here. I suspect FedEx is telling certain high turnover stations they're eliminating payscales to make it sound like they care about the employees but very likely low turnover stations won't see an increase. I've been here 8 months, have seen one CSA quit, and a swing about to transfer. And nothing about an increase, even though my mgr is discussing it with the senior, who's heard rumors, but nothing concrete.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nothing about that company ever changes. Give you a small economic gain in one area, take it back some place else. That deceptive practice has been in place for years and will likely get worse as time goes by. Denial 59 , oops I mean Dano 59 will continue to of course deny that this practice exists and is growing.

Well Bacha, for one, stations and managers have always had the ability to make those kinds of alterations to routes and staffing.

Two, you're assuming the board's biggest rumor-monger is correct despite the inverse correlation between the importance of the rumor and the credibility of it.

Three, WTF do you know about Express?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well Bacha, for one, stations and managers have always had the ability to make those kinds of alterations to routes and staffing.

Two, you're assuming the board's biggest rumor-monger is correct despite the inverse correlation between the importance of the rumor and the credibility of it.

Three, WTF do you know about Express?

WTF do you know about anything?

bacha29

Spot on Mr. fedex. what i was talking about was the compensation package. if you listen to what guys are talking about and that is gains in one area of the compensation package and losses somewhere else.