Enough is enough

Ron Carey lives on

We have to put aside our differences to elect a new Executive Board in 2016. Whether you are a tdu member or old guard, if you want change its going to take a unity slate. The Ups contract debacle has to motivate you. Im not telling anybody to join tdu, or to rely on teamster magazine for your information. Just read your concessionary contract. 4 years to top out. Utility drivers' restrictions on filing 9.5's. Extending peak til Jan 21. A lesser healthcare plan for 180,000 teamsters. A raise that doesn't even cover your geographic cost of living. This is a fact, we had no right to strike during negotiations. The proper paperwork was not filed. Does this sound like a contract, with a company thriving like ups. This wasn't a Ford or GM contract, THIS WAS UPS AND YOU WERE SOLD A LEMON. We had the leverage and blew it for 5 years. Its time for a stronger small parcel division and GEB. Put aside your hate for tdu or old guard and think about your future as Ups teamsters. We need delegates in 2015 ready to take on the Hoffa/Hall machine

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
hall will not win because Rome A has made it clear that if he's Hoffa's replacement he will run for General President of Teamsters as well and the Western Conference will jump on his bandwagon after the disaster this contract turned out to be.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm sorry you're not happy with still not paying for insurance premiums out of your pocket. I'm sorry you're not happy with the new 9.5 language that is better than last contract. I'm sorry you are getting raises last contract and this contract, every year.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
EXACTLY what happens with all voting. It's easier for the majority to complain then to get off their asses. I do complain. I also vote each time I can. It is my right. I will use it.
If the majority is represented by the new users against the contract that are vocal on this forum, it can't be that many people that are unhappy.

Ron Carey lives on

Here we go. A divided union is a weak union. Get over it all, and concentrate the best contract for the people that make UPS such a successful company. Bo, this is not about TDU advancement. This is about UPS Teamsters setting the standard for a strong contract, like we did in 97 united.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Can everyone reread the very first line of the OP's opening sentence? Analyze that for a minute.

Where are you pigs now?
I read the first two sentences and I got "Everyone needs to get along and vote for one slate and if it contains anyone currently in office it's not the right one"

Doesn't sound very democratic when someone says "we need to put aside our differences". Isn't that what makes America and the whole democratic system great, to improve our direction that the majority feels we need to go in?

Big Bad Wolf

Yes! "We need to put aside our differences." = "You need to put your differences aside to vote for who I want you to."
Why doesn't the OP put his differences aside to rally around hall?

Where are you pigs now?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We have to put aside our differences to elect a new Executive Board in 2016. Whether you are a tdu member or old guard, if you want change its going to take a unity slate. The Ups contract debacle has to motivate you. Im not telling anybody to join tdu, or to rely on teamster magazine for your information. Just read your concessionary contract. 4 years to top out. Utility drivers' restrictions on filing 9.5's. Extending peak til Jan 21. A lesser healthcare plan for 180,000 teamsters. A raise that doesn't even cover your geographic cost of living. This is a fact, we had no right to strike during negotiations. The proper paperwork was not filed. Does this sound like a contract, with a company thriving like ups. This wasn't a Ford or GM contract, THIS WAS UPS AND YOU WERE SOLD A LEMON. We had the leverage and blew it for 5 years. Its time for a stronger small parcel division and GEB. Put aside your hate for tdu or old guard and think about your future as Ups teamsters. We need delegates in 2015 ready to take on the Hoffa/Hall machine

Sent using BrownCafe App
What exactly do you mean by the statement " Extending peak til Jan 21 "