Entitlement

• Thread starter selfcancelsignal
  • Start date

tacken

The receptionist at City Hall on my route wants me to bring deliveries to each department. Human resources goes upstairs, billing down the hall on the left etc, etc. What do you do in that situation? The boxes are all paled to one address.
One delivery address, one delivery point. Have a nice day.

SCV good to go sir.

Real Entitlement. Set for life!

welfare.1.1019.jpg
Is that the formal name for the welfare line?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was at a delivery stop and was struggling with an Over 70. The receiver overheard me grunting and said something to the effect that we make too much money to make sounds like that.

Ironically he lost his job a few months later. Darn.
Sounds like you weren't using the 8 keys to lifting and lowering grandpa...should have called another driver to help you

Dr.Brownz

If the guys on the dock want to help I gladly take it. If they just want to stand there and watch, that is fine also. Some guys are afraid they will be in your way or trying to push you or don't know how you will react if they help. Just play it by ear.

One thing I will not do is hand the box up to person on a dock. I set it on the dock. Reason being that lifting it up to them is end range motion. They can squat down and grab that box. Had that argument with many a dock receiver, I win every time.

Dr.Brownz

What about customers who want/expect you to build their pallet perfectly to make their job easier but dont help you at all?

I tell them my job is not organize their boxes, it is to deliver the boxes. Multiple CMs have backed me up. Now the guy at Costco helps me unload. Instead of standing there and bitching I didn't separate his postcards from his other :censored2:./

Yeah.....I don't think so.

You are one of those wankers who believes they shouldn't call for help because it will mess up someones day aren't you? LOL have fun when your rectum hits the floor (because your going to strain so hard your :censored2: prolapses, in case it wasn't clear or you lacked medical information)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One thing I will not do is hand the box up to person on a dock. I set it on the dock. Reason being that lifting it up to them is end range motion. They can squat down and grab that box. Had that argument with many a dock receiver, I win every time.
I tried doing this once when they were harping on backs I only had one pkg and it was 80-90 lbs so I walked it over to the dock and forced it up there flexing my back the whole time...damn near had one of my nuts pop out...NEVER AGAIN!!

asphaltcowboy

You have the right to get another driver over there to help..come on, if you were grunting the 50 lb box must have been heavy..don't try to be a hero

What about the option nondel over 70? I've thought many times of doing this but since I'm a tcd id rather not piss off mgmt. We were told that if we can't pick it up then roll or slide the package hahah.

PT Car Washer

That's just stupid. I would never do anything like that. Paid by the hour. However long it takes, it takes.
I didn't pay either. But this guy does everything he can to get off as early as possible. Including dumping his air stops on the air drivers when he will have a stop across the street before the air driver gets there. Also does pick ups early so the PM air pick up driver picks up the bulk of his work. You know the kind.