Equality

KAT2018

Sad. 60 minutes illustrated some valid points. Audits are done for everything.... maybe now is the time to do it for paychecks.

JL 0513

Don't the vast majority of UPS's workforce get paid under the same guidelines based on position, location, and seniority? Every preloader starts at the same rate then gets the same subsequent raises. Every driver makes the same. And so on, regardless of who you are or even performance. The only question would be in upper management and other non-union office people. When it comes to those positions, pay can vary greatly based on many factors.

JL 0513

Please learn about the actual reasons for the mythological pay gap before you go start forming opinions about it.

Seriously. Whenever you here "women make 70¢ on the dollar compared to men", it's a massive over simplification of the so called pay gap. It simply totals all of women's pay vs all of men's pay. Men and women do many different types of jobs, by choice or ability. More men are doctors, engineers, pro athletes, CEO's, large business owners, etc. This creates the greatest portion of the inbalence.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Seriously. Whenever you here "women make 70¢ on the dollar compared to men", it's a massive over simplification of the so called pay gap. It simply totals all of women's pay vs all of men's pay. Men and women do many different types of jobs, by choice or ability. More men are doctors, engineers, pro athletes, CEO's, large business owners, etc. This creates the greatest portion of the inbalence.

In careers dominated by women, men almost always make less. I fully support any individual's right to negotiate for better pay, but don't go in to a negotiation with the pay gap as your only reason for an increase. You will learn harsh realities very quickly.

Honestly, the entire concept has been so thoroughly debunked that I find it nearly laughable that anyone, but a post-modern marxist, can still talk about it with a straight face.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
In careers dominated by women, men almost always make less. I fully support any individual's right to negotiate for better pay, but don't go in to a negotiation with the pay gap as your only reason for an increase. You will learn harsh realities very quickly.

Honestly, the entire concept has been so thoroughly debunked that I find it nearly laughable that anyone, but a post-modern marxist, can still talk about it with a straight face.

I know for a fact that no matter how good I look a woman will always make more money than me when it comes to working a pole at a club with a bunch of drunk horny men

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dude, no, lol.
You have a serious misunderstanding of how these studies are done. You're just flat out wrong.

All right, listen up. My name is PC Principal. I don't know about you, but frankly I'm sick and tired of how minority groups are marginalized in today's society. I Googled BrownCafe before I came here, and I cannot believe the :censored2: you're getting away with!
People claiming upper management are butch women. Just because a strong woman who wilfully challenge the gender status quo does not make her butch, a word that has been connected to negative stereotypes.

I'm telling you all, this is done! Like it or not, PC is back, and it's bigger than ever! Woowoowoo! You hear that?! That's the sound of 2018 pulling you over, people! Suck it!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You want to say he's wrong but provide nothing to support why you think so.
Kind of like how he just made up a bunch of crap and provided nothing to support it? Lol.

The studies show women in the same profession, with the same experience and same education make less. There could be lots of reasons for that, it's still worth talking about though.

Jesus, can we move this garbage thread to current events......

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If you were not a package handler at birth. You will have a hard time finding employment at UPS.

Now the arts and entertainment industry! damn just pay them the same, even if you bustards still make most of your shows with male protagonists at least pay them the same!

(move to current events)