Equalization of Overtime

542thruNthru

I could find no such thing in your state. Actually couldn't find it in any state laws.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/ohio-law/ohio-overtime-laws.html

This same thing has happen in my building to. Tell him to enjoy the 8 hour days while they last. Remember it's a waterfall effect. That work went somewhere and those drivers will not be happy. They will push back also (9.5). Then he will get his overtime back.

If anything tell him to work safer and make his numbers look even worse.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Too bad you're not in the west.

Excessive undertime;
The employer shall not assign excessive undertime to full-time bargaining unit members. The employer shall make a reasonable effort to cottle employees with known drug/gambling/prostitution addictions. Furthermore, all drivers in progression will be offered overtime first, based on the amount of their monthly truck payment.

542thruNthru

He likes a little OT. But he feels he is being punished. He is singled out only 1 in the center not getting OT

He is being singled out. Tell him to file Art 37 of the NMA. Don't count on it helping. By the time it's heard it will be back to normal anyways.

542thruNthru

Too bad you're not in the west.

Excessive undertime;
The employer shall not assign excessive undertime to full-time bargaining unit members. The employer shall make a reasonable effort to cottle employees with known drug/gambling/prostitution addictions. Furthermore, all drivers in progression will be offered overtime first, based on the amount of their monthly truck payment.

giphy-15.gif

Blackadder 2

does this state law apply at UPS? We have a driver at our center who was told they will now only receive 8 hr days from here on out. As discipline I guess? Can management single him out and cut all his Ot just because the center manager has a personal vendetta against them

You are any driver is only guaranteed 8 hours.

They tried this with a driver once in our building, it lasted about 3 days. After so many other drivers asked how they get the 8 an out day they stopped.