Equalization of Overtime

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
We had a guy who they did this too. He was not allowed to work more than 8 because he kept going over his 9.5. He ended filing a huge grievance on people with less seniority than him getting over time because higher seniority guys are supposed to be asked if they want the OT first. Not sure how ouch much he got a fat check.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a guy who they did this too. He was not allowed to work more than 8 because he kept going over his 9.5. He ended filing a huge grievance on people with less seniority than him getting over time because higher seniority guys are supposed to be asked if they want the OT first. Not sure how ouch much he got a fat check.
File to reduce overtime and then file to get it back?

UPSER1987

Im actually going thru this myself. Last week I filed on Harassment, Retaliation, and called the 800. On Monday I will file every day lower seniority works more than me.

Good luck with that. Unless you are talking about extra work being dispatched out of seniority order, you are only guaranteed 8 hours daily. It’s not anyone’s else’s responsibility to make sure you get your 59.99 hours a week.

BUCN85

I don’t think we can file and win if lower seniority gets more OT? Like many have said we are only guarenteed 8. I told him he should file for harassment or deacrimination since he is the only they are doing this to

I don’t think we can file and win if lower seniority gets more OT? Like many have said we are only guarenteed 8. I told him he should file for harassment or deacrimination since he is the only they are doing this to
They will use overtime as a weapon if they don't like you. If they know you want it they won't give you any, if they know you don't want it they will load you up.

barnyard

KTM rider
The only thing he can file on is if lower seniority people are being called in to work the preload or run EAM. We have drivers working the preload and local sort to get extra hours. Pretty easy to get 12 hour days, even with 8 hour dispatches.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Shut up Cardinals fan!
It is absolutely amazing the amount of cubs gear and flags and stuff that started flying in the summer of 2015. I always believed I was firmly in cards territory because no one would dare admit to being a cubs fun then after the 2015 run that all changed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The only thing he can file on is if lower seniority people are being called in to work the preload or run EAM. We have drivers working the preload and local sort to get extra hours. Pretty easy to get 12 hour days, even with 8 hour dispatches.
Especially in feeder....although we have no guys who have runs that are only 8 Hours but If you want 12 the work is there even with the amount of runs we have

Last edited:

542thruNthru

It is absolutely amazing the amount of cubs gear and flags and stuff that started flying in the summer of 2015. I always believed I was firmly in cards territory because no one would dare admit to being a cubs fun then after the 2015 run that all changed.

That's because you damn cardinals fans are so gosh darn annoying we have to pick our times to show our pride so we don't have to listen to you as much. :)

ManInBrown

does this state law apply at UPS? We have a driver at our center who was told they will now only receive 8 hr days from here on out. As discipline I guess? Can management single him out and cut all his Ot just because the center manager has a personal vendetta against them
They did the same thing to a driver in the other center in my building when I was in package. Guy they wanted to fire that they followed everyday and had trouble finding him doing anything wrong. They cut all his OT. He was getting 7 hour dispatches everyday and then came back and swept floors for an hour. He got fired shortly after for doing something stupid. I don’t know the driver but I heard the story and I think he tried to file a grievance and was told he couldn’t.