Equalization of Overtime

BUCN85

does this state law apply at UPS? We have a driver at our center who was told they will now only receive 8 hr days from here on out. As discipline I guess? Can management single him out and cut all his Ot just because the center manager has a personal vendetta against them

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
We are only guaranteed 8hrs of work when reporting, there is no langauge on OT being available it is up to dispatchers to allocate where the OT goes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
does this state law apply at UPS? We have a driver at our center who was told they will now only receive 8 hr days from here on out. As discipline I guess? Can management single him out and cut all his Ot just because the center manager has a personal vendetta against them

You are guaranteed 8hrs nothing more nothing less

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What states have this law?

trickpony1

Have the affected driver and a friend arrange a conversation that the center manager accidentally overhears...

"hey...how do you like your 8 hour days?";
"they're great...I get to see the family much more, I'm sleeping better and I get to attend the kids activities.".

The affected driver will start getting OT soon thereafter.

BUCN85

Why are you asking this

Your boy can’t operate a computer

As bad as having your wife ask about your problems
I’m pretty sure he doesn’t do the whole brown cafe. Not very internet savvy.. I just feel like I’m one of the few in our center that know the rights. And this was one of those situations I really don’t know about. I thought there was a law I seen “equalization of overtime” google it.

542thruNthru

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t do the whole brown cafe. Not very internet savvy.. I just feel like I’m one of the few in our center that know the rights. And this was one of those situations I really don’t know about. I thought there was a law I seen “equalization of overtime” google it.

What state are you in? Lots of state laws have exemption. Usually a CBA is one of them.

BUCN85

I think we are missing the point of this thread. This is happening to 1 guy out of about 30 of us. center manager didn’t like the fact that he was standing up for himself in regards of driving safe and decided he would now only get 8 hr days as a means of discipline

Poop Head

Judge me.
I think we are missing the point of this thread. This is happening to 1 guy out of about 30 of us. center manager didn’t like the fact that he was standing up for himself in regards of driving safe and decided he would now only get 8 hr days as a means of discipline
Good for him, now he can work the evening rush at the Mexican place. They just bean stacking it up and leaving it sit for me when I come in at lunchtime the next day. The stuff gets crusted on the plates and it's a *b to scrape off into the "re-use" bin.