Estar

FedupExpress

Does anyone know when Estar is șet to return?

will they continue to cut part timers hours until they quit?

How much longer can this freak show go on?

Seems like the company will cave in any second now and an Erie sense of secrecy

What's really going to happen?

Serf

E star has been pushed back yet again in my district. We ran it last year. As one of the first larger stations to do so here. Disaster. I agree with the shrouded secrecy. As I like to say to managers; “You’re either in on it, or incompetent, which one is it.”
Also, valet is supposed to coincide with E star. Which they are also fumbling it’s roll out.

AB831

E star has been pushed back yet again in my district. We ran it last year. As one of the first larger stations to do so here. Disaster. I agree with the shrouded secrecy. As I like to say to managers; “You’re either in on it, or incompetent, which one is it.”
Also, valet is supposed to coincide with E star. Which they are also fumbling it’s roll out.
What was the last initiative championed by Fat Freddy that wasn’t a complete, unmitigated failure?

zeev

They are in on it just saw a weird post on FedEx uncensored about something dark and evil at HR in Memphis, probably how do we get rid of Express in the quickest cheapest way possible.

MassWineGuy

Remind me, what’s Valet?

Gee Zeev, can you elaborate or back this up with a smidgeon of factoids?

I just heard the Martians were buying all the Ground contracts.

Serf, I honestly think that an extremely small number of managers below regional VP level know or have been told much about the future.

Last edited:
Hoping this country will grind to a halt this summer when UPS is on strike, Ground can't find enough slaves to keep staffing adequate, and Express is struggling with their shiny new Estar toy that will lose them millions.

whenIgetthere

Remind me, what’s Valet?

Gee Zeev, can you elaborate or back this up with a smidgeon of factoids?

I just heard the Martians were buying all the Ground contracts.

Serf, I honestly think that an extremely small number of managers below regional VP level know or have been told much about the future.
Valet is the scheduling software, moves employees and start times around, so you most likely won't have the same sort function each day. I believe scheduling employee has a lot of input as to assignments.

Godzilla55

Ok. So drivers aren’t affected.
Definitely affects drivers. We have had this valet garbage for about 3 months now. Different start times every day along with different sort positions. You can be on the belt scanning, splitting, loading or on the doc sort and even the cans. Seniority means nothing to valet, 25+ Year employees in the cans. Everyone hates it.

AB831

Definitely affects drivers. We have had this valet garbage for about 3 months now. Different start times every day along with different sort positions. You can be on the belt scanning, splitting, loading or on the doc sort and even the cans. Seniority means nothing to valet, 25+ Year employees in the cans. Everyone hates it.
Making sure everyone is completely miserable is Fat Freddy’s idea of teamwork

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Making sure everyone is completely miserable is Fat Freddy’s idea of teamwork
It's always a fail when you try to automate something that requires human management skills and some basic logic. What seems to work best (almost always) is to have baseline drop routes and make sure that couriers aren't "dumping" all of their residentials and difficult stops on the baseline driver(s). Manager gets stop counts, checks the drops, and then lets people leave the building.
Not rocket science.

Guitarman01

I almost have to laugh thinking about estar when compared to UPSs Orion. Orion was designed to save the company on gas and Miles driven, estar has been designed for the exact opposite lol. As far as valet our station has been pretty quiet about that and I can see why. Between the chaos of estar combined with valet they won't need to worry about laying people off when ground takes over. We will be fighting to see who can get out the door first.

Star B

White Lightening
..... ORION has the same growing pains as estar did... just do a search here.

Plus, nobody would believe me if I said that if you threw a ton more freight at E*, the output would look better because there would be less time to "waste" to make sure that the employees were 100% utilized during the day.

MAKAVELI

..... ORION has the same growing pains as estar did... just do a search here.

Plus, nobody would believe me if I said that if you threw a ton more freight at E*, the output would look better because there would be less time to "waste" to make sure that the employees were 100% utilized during the day.
Estar is a garbage program that will never work. The company is trying to take freight away from Express, not add . So we'll never see if your theory is correct.

AB831

It's always a fail when you try to automate something that requires human management skills and some basic logic. What seems to work best (almost always) is to have baseline drop routes and make sure that couriers aren't "dumping" all of their residentials and difficult stops on the baseline driver(s). Manager gets stop counts, checks the drops, and then lets people leave the building.
Not rocket science.
Well that requires effort on the part of management- something like oil and water.

El Morado Diablo

My manager has been taking the Valet training the past couple of weeks. We're a smaller station so this likely won't be used at all. We don't pay attention to our assigned positions as it is right now. There is almost no chance we are going to follow whatever Valet tells us we are supposed to do. In small stations management is going to want to do everything they can to keep from upsetting the boat so things get done rather than play musical chairs with sort positions.