ETAs

klein

Für Meno :)
holy cow klein!!! you been peaking over my shoulder? lol I do the exact same

So funny, got to do what you got to do.:happy-very:
With NI cod packages, always mark the signature box (where it says, see reverse to sign).... thats when people actually read, they can leave a check at the door, and we can DR it.

It helps, trust me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This morning our on car announced that the OMS clerk would be ODSing everyone their ETAs based upon the data in PAS/EDD. Starting tomorrow we will each be handed a piece of paper with our ETA on it. There was no discussion as to what would happen if we punched out after the calculated ETA. This should be interesting and I will keep everyone updated on what happens with this.

BTW, my ETA for today is 1824.

It's just a goal ... you got to have goals in your life. :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i like it :)

seriously, we are trending this direction - soon will will be able to tell customers what time to expect their package. yeah, telematics and EDD have everything to do with it. It is surely in a test phase right now.

it's going to be a game changer.
..........................:knockedout:

That sounds like a sweet day, come in the hub at 1824 and peace. Make sure you tell your sup that the reason the truck is full of ***** still is 'cause you had to come in at 1824 but thanks for the family time :)
:surprised:

Are you serious? EDD is the whole reason we can't tell customers what time to expect their pkg now! Edd has the bright idea of moving morning work off one driver and putting it in the 8000 section on another driver!

You know salesguy, I have read your posts and never commented on them before. You are passionate about what you do and optimistic and for that I commend you. But apparently you need a big dose of the real UPS world!
Well said!

you are correct upstate.... I cant even fill out a correct time on a NI1 delivery notice telling them what time I will return tomorrow
Ain't it a shame?

just 2 'checks' those time frames arent that big, i usually check all 4 then write atlantas number on it 4 any complaints!
Now that there is some funny ( ) Schtuff!

MD Dan

We've had the ETA's in place for about a year at my center and it really doesn't seem to be working. My ability to predict where I will be at any given time went out the window when my route started changing on a daily basis. Splits are taken off of one end of my route and added on to the other. Tight resi's might replace country or vice-versa. Sometimes it's apartments too. No matter what--my min/max doesn't change---even if I have to drive miles off of my route to deliver the splits. Business routes aren't as bad but residential routes have become completely unpredictable. My mileage can vary anywhere from 75 mi to 105 mi. How does that work with an inflexible ETA?

MD Dan

And yes...half of the time I can't put any time on the delivery notices for send-agains as I don't know if that particular section will be on the car the next day.

Just_another_day_at_work

This morning our on car announced that the OMS clerk would be ODSing everyone their ETAs based upon the data in PAS/EDD. Starting tomorrow we will each be handed a piece of paper with our ETA on it. There was no discussion as to what would happen if we punched out after the calculated ETA. This should be interesting and I will keep everyone updated on what happens with this.

BTW, my ETA for today is 1824.

Too bad, I am a cover driver so my ETA is whenever I say it. :happy2: Usually over 9.5 just to cover my :censored2:. And they are happy when I can make it in on time. :happy-very:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We've had a similar system in place for years. OMS sends a message. What time are you going to be at so and so this morning? I send back, so and so is the next routes afternoon delivery today. Build a consistent business-first dispatch before we commit to more failed promises.

Overpaid Union Thug

So, basically we will be getting yet another message sent to us daily that I will response with "Message Understood, Acknowledged, and Accepted" without even a second thought.

i like it :)

seriously, we are trending this direction - soon will will be able to tell customers what time to expect their package. yeah, telematics and EDD have everything to do with it. It is surely in a test phase right now.

it's going to be a game changer.

So in other words Atlanta is going to write a check someone else is going to have to cash.