EU to object to UPS bid for TNT

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
EU to object to UPS bid for TNT - Reuters

EU antitrust regulators will next week tell United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) that its bid for TNT Express (TNTE.AS) is anti-competitive, a person close to the matter said on Wednesday, ratcheting up pressure on the U.S. company to offer concessions.

UPS may find it difficult to come up with concessions to sooth regulatory concerns about the deal, the biggest in its 105-year history, said Andre Mulder, analyst with brokerage Kepler.

"We think the likelihood of the takeover being canceled has increased a bit further," he wrote in a note.

packageguy

EU to object to UPS bid for TNT - Reuters

EU antitrust regulators will next week tell United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) that its bid for TNT Express (TNTE.AS) is anti-competitive, a person close to the matter said on Wednesday, ratcheting up pressure on the U.S. company to offer concessions.

UPS may find it difficult to come up with concessions to sooth regulatory concerns about the deal, the biggest in its 105-year history, said Andre Mulder, analyst with brokerage Kepler.

"We think the likelihood of the takeover being canceled has increased a bit further," he wrote in a note.

packageguy

This does not surprise me, because it's UPS. My money is on FDX for this one, in 15 months Fred S will find a way to make that deal with TNT, Again my money is Fred S lobbing EU.