Even Mordor Itself Has No Clue!

wkmac

“Counting them is impossible. The Justice Department spent two years trying in the 1980s, but produced only an estimate: 3,000 federal criminal offenses.
The American Bar Association tried in the late 1990s, but concluded only that the number was likely much higher than 3,000. The ABA’s report said “the amount of individual citizen behavior now potentially subject to federal criminal control has increased in astonishing proportions in the last few decades.”

A Justice spokeswoman said there was no quantifiable number. Criminal statutes are sprinkled throughout some 27,000 pages of the federal code.”

US Out of North America! When The Law of the Land is Simply Too Much By Bill Buppert

bbsam

Staff member
Let me paraphrase the federal legal code: "****** with us, and we will make your life a living hell. Have a nice day."

wkmac

Let me paraphrase the federal legal code: "****** with us, and we will make your life a living hell. Have a nice day."

Must be what H.L. Mencken was thinking when he said:

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

But the more we learn it seems we reach another point Mencken spoke of:

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When I read the first sentence that mentioned "over 3,000 federal offenses", I was thinking that this thread was going to be about the US Congress and Senate member's criminal records.

wkmac

When I read the first sentence that mentioned "over 3,000 federal offenses", I was thinking that this thread was going to be about the US Congress and Senate member's criminal records.

3000 is vastly to low a number. Here's an actual real time counter that shows the actual number of crimes committed by all gov't officials. You should find this very helpful in....oh...wait....wrong clock, but you'll still get the general idea about the level of crimes committed by gov't anyway!

OK, so everyone's a comedian, so sue me!
:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ha, I have that link too and have thought about posting it many times. But there are a certain few on this site that couldn't comprehend it.