Even Texas is freezing.

klein

Für Meno :)
Global warming really sucks huh? lol ..... snow? ice? both?

Believe me or not, but I did post a news clip on another thread, and yes, these snowstorms are caused by gloabl warming they say.
The normally protected Artic jet stream flow, has spread outside it's boundaries, because the normal freezing cold isn't there (in the Artic), anymore to hold it in place.

You'll have to watch that news clip to undertand it better (I think it's on the first "on no more snow" thread) first page.

Believe me or not, but I did post a news clip on another thread, and yes, these snowstorms are caused by gloabl warming they say.
The normally protected Artic jet stream flow, has spread outside it's boundaries, because the normal freezing cold isn't there (in the Artic), anymore to hold it in place.

You'll have to watch that news clip to undertand it better (I think it's on the first "on no more snow" thread) first page.
Mr. Know it all

klein

Mr. Know it all

I can't help it, that you are tied and tuned in to watch Fox news, only. If you want to become informative, you need to watch some non-political news now and then, too. Plus, throw in a foreign news channel now and then (as in BBC or CBC).

stringerman85

January/ February and we're getting snow, big surprise. It's winter, That's what happens this time of year. It happens every year. It's almost as if the canadians finally figured out that it actually snows down in america.

klein

January/ February and we're getting snow, big surprise. It's winter, That's what happens this time of year. It happens every year. It's almost as if the canadians finally figured out that it actually snows down in america.

Well, thanks for clearing that one up for me !
Who started all these useless snow threads ? It's NORMAL people !!!

tourists24

I can watch your clip, but if the globe is warming, it should be the "globe" warming. You cant take every weather situation and blame it on global warming and still hold water. Either we are causing the world to get warmer or its just nature being nature. It is a political cry to scare us into parting with our money

klein

I can watch your clip, but if the globe is warming, it should be the "globe" warming. You cant take every weather situation and blame it on global warming and still hold water. Either we are causing the world to get warmer or its just nature being nature. It is a political cry to scare us into parting with our money

You could have been born in the middle age, too, when it was all so common just to throw the garbage out of the windows or into the lakes and rivers.
I bet they had people, not wanted to pay for waste management in those days (paying more taxes for garbage pick-up and proper disposal).

In less then 100 years from now, people will think how stupid and unconsiderate we all were, too !
By the way, the oceans are the largest garbage dump in the world, garbage that we can't even get rid of now.
Space junk is another modern human disaster.
But, I think CO2 reckless disposal, beats anything we humans have ever done sofar.

I can't help it, that you are tied and tuned in to watch Fox news, only. If you want to become informative, you need to watch some non-political news now and then, too. Plus, throw in a foreign news channel now and then (as in BBC or CBC).

I don't watch fox news.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
-4 this morning when I got up. Windchill is -22. Got a 4 foot drift in front of my house. I was headed in when I got a call saying nothing made it in this morning so no need to be there. Will have to come in later to make pickups.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just talked to my daughter in the Dallas area. Her power has been out for fifteen minutes. To listen to her you would think it was the end of the world. She has really gotten soft since she moved south and married that damn Texan.:happy2:

outta hours

I just talked to my daughter in the Dallas area. Her power has been out for fifteen minutes. To listen to her you would think it was the end of the world. She has really gotten soft since she moved south and married that damn Texan.:happy2:

Best thing that ever happened to her. God bless Texas. Rolling blackout is what the power company is doing. 15-30 min in each area to protect the grid from overload. We were shut down here yesterday. First time ever. As for me since the layoff yesterday saved me an option day,I'm using one today. texas.gif
texas.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Best thing that ever happened to her. God bless Texas. Rolling blackout is what the power company is doing. 15-30 min in each area to protect the grid from overload. We were shut down here yesterday. First time ever. As for me since the layoff yesterday saved me an option day,I'm using one today. View attachment 4924

According to my daughter Jerry World is exempt from the rolling blackouts. The biggest power consumer in the Dallas area gets exempted. Money can but happiness------------and electricity

tourists24

-4 this morning when I got up. Windchill is -22. Got a 4 foot drift in front of my house. I was headed in when I got a call saying nothing made it in this morning so no need to be there. Will have to come in later to make pickups.
I bet you could use a little "real" global warming about now huh? hang in there....

paco

Having moved from places that used to get lots of snow, Colorado, Nebraska etc this is nothing...Still I wont take the snow plows for granted anymore. Its only about 2 inch max but there's no deicing stuff anywhere, not even on the interstate.

Last edited: