Ever see a manager or a supervisor make a driver cry?

IESucks

Its a shame behavior like that is in any workplace let alone the one we all work in. In my opinion, anyone who acts like that management or hourly should be shown the door. This place would be much better off.
Lmao. What are we gonna do with no managers or sups???

tarbar66

Lmao. What are we gonna do with no managers or sups???
Back in the 60’s there were lead drivers that could and would run the center with the help of a clerk or two when there was no management available. This was before my time but the old stories were good ones!

IESucks

Back in the 60’s there were lead drivers that could and would run the center with the help of a clerk or two when there was no management available. This was before my time but the old stories were good ones!
Pretty much the same way now

rod

Retired 22 years
Lead driver got 10 cents more an hour. About the only things they had to do were make sure all packages were loaded and lock the building on the way out.

Gear

Parts on Order
It’s called being a man and not letting somebody walk all over you.

There's a difference between war veterans and non military guys. We feared making a mistake that cost the guy next to us his life, not our life, his life. Out here guys fear losing their job. We're not better, just different.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There's a difference between war veterans and non military guys. We feared making a mistake that cost the guy next to us his life, not our life, his life. Out here guys fear losing their job. We're not better, just different.

He’s right though. If one doesn’t stand up for themselves, they will get walked all over. Many people are afraid to fight back, because they don’t want to be a target. As long as they’re following the rules and methods though, they’re good.

MC0493

He’s right though. If one doesn’t stand up for themselves, they will get walked all over. Many people are afraid to fight back, because they don’t want to be a target. As long as they’re following the rules and methods though, they’re good.
It's an unfortunate thing to watch too. You can lead a horse to water but can't make em drink. I got walked on for a while until i had enough and now I push back with 9.5's and whatever else. Management moves down the ladder and abuses other guys. It's sad to sit and watch good guys just get taken advantage of because they're quiet and won't push back for whatever reason.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been to war or you’ve got a masters degree in under water Western European basket weaving. A grown man doesn’t let anybody crap on his dinner.

Heavy Package

Ever see a manager or a supervisor make a driver cry?

This peak I saw the sup's get all over a seasonal driver one day. He did suck, but it is what it is. Got a message to go help this guy after it was dark. Meet up with him and he is in full freak out mode. I call the sup and he said take everything off his truck and send him back to the center. Driver was so shaken up I had to have him follow me out of the subdivision, which was a giant circle, as he said he has no clue where he was.

Funniest damn thing I have ever seen. I took pictures that I look back at anytime this UPS crap gets to me and it always makes me laugh.

dudebro

My on road went on “stress leave” a couple days after me and him got into it real good...I mean real good...bagels swiped off the counter in the office...coffee cups went flying..kicked a trash can over...think I cried? I’m a goddam cowboy!!!!!!!
Back in the day we called that a "Job Review Discussion" or JRD for short. I could mark in the calendar that we were done for that year...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I've seen many members cry when they get terminated or at the panel. It never makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It's not the member I have felt bad for, it's the family...Daddy lost his job because he forgot who pays him to do the job.