Ever work with broken ribs?

iruhnman630

I'm rockin' 2 busted heart-and-lung protectors after a mountain bike crash had me doing my best Macho Man Randy Savage elbow drop imitation on some boards last week while on vacation. Clearly the boards won.

It hasn't been too bad until I went back to work today, and all I can say right now is OOUUUUWWWCH!

I know it's all about pain tolerance, and this isn't the first time I have had to work around broken ribs, but damn the next few days are going to suck.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm rockin' 2 busted heart-and-lung protectors after a mountain bike crash had me doing my best Macho Man Randy Savage elbow drop imitation on some boards last week while on vacation. Clearly the boards won.

It hasn't been too bad until I went back to work today, and all I can say right now is OOUUUUWWWCH!

I know it's all about pain tolerance, and this isn't the first time I have had to work around broken ribs, but damn the next few days are going to suck.

First WHY ARE YOU WORKING?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Second, I worked with a broken rib and torn cartilage that holds the ribs in place, a costochondral injury. Let me tell you the twisting and bending and coughing was unreal. Felt like I was going to die. Second day, I went on disability. You really should take yourself out on disability or else it will never heal right. You do need to let that cartilage rest and try not to breath too hard.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Refrain from breathing and you'll be fine.

JustDeliverIt

I busted ribs before and worked but it was at my other job before UPS. It sucked, breathing was tough much less going through a day delivering. I agree with @scooby0048 , take yourself out and heal right. Never going to happen delivering trampolines and mattresses.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Yeah, you don't want to exacerbate the injury and perforate a lung or your gottdam pericardium.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Old center manager’s favorite line after multiple call in’s

“If you’re going to play the boys game on Sunday
You better be ready to play the mans game on Monday”

Faceplanted

Yup, cracked a rib bmx stunting while drunk on a sat. Didn’t feel it till I woke up Sunday, could hardly breath. Came to work on Monday. Worst part was it was still allergy season so I would sneeze and be in immense pain. I figured if tony romo and these other premadona people could do it, I could too, after the first week it was much better.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yup, cracked a rib bmx stunting while drunk on a sat. Didn’t feel it till I woke up Sunday, could hardly breath. Came to work on Monday. Worst part was it was still allergy season so I would sneeze and be in immense pain. I figured if tony romo and these other premadona people could do it, I could too, after the first week it was much better.

They have access to better drugs than you do.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I love getting a dr. note, I send a picture of it to my supervisor right after leaving the hospital...then I’ll crack open a cold beer and enjoy the next few days off